Couple messages

alfa

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watch what you say everyone, my mother is French! My father met her while he was in the US Army in the 60s, stationed in Angouleme. That's why my profile includes the French flag. (My wife is Thai, that's why the Thai flag is there, Sawadee Krop!)

As for drinking, I prefer Pineau des Charentes. My mother is from the Cognac region, and Pineau is the apperatif of choice. As for cheese, I stick to the simple brie you can buy here in the states.

Maybe Alfa should try France, it very "Social", but the unemployment rate may be an issue. If he can get a job and he's over 26, then he might have a chance.

Woa! This was the last place I was expecting to see someone talk about Angouleme and Pineau des Charentes. I happen to be french (living in the US now) and I happen to be from Cognac. And guess what, I do have a bottle of Pineau des Charentes (made in Grande Champagne by Menuet [which is quite uncommun]) in my fridge at all time (you know for emergency situations). :)

PJM

It is easy to travel thru time, here is a quote of a message I'll write later:

This is a quoted message

Note to self: Do not forget to post the above message to prevent a time paradox and the destruction of the Universe.

ROFL! :wipe of the tears:

by the way: I encapsulated that time paradoxon in save quotes, so nobody can be harmed!

jpdrolet,

I saw that program with Triads, Canadian diplomats 2 times.

No wonder last week I saw at news a guy walking with his dog who saw a person in a cement block.

The Canadian police said they will need couple days to take that person out.

Sawadee Korp to you too! Thailand - now there's a beautiful country: I spent three weeks treking through Thailand (Bankok, Aradnapura, River Kwainoi, Phitsanalook, Chang Mai & Rai - excuse my spelling) about five years ago (well, actually two weeks trekking and one week on the beach of Koh Phi Phi Don and my wife's insistance :) ) - the people are friendly, the food's awesome and the scenery is stunning. I haven't found a decent Tom Kha Gai followed by sticky rice here in Detroit (if anyone local has any ideas - I'd sure appreciate hearing them!)

crelf,

It's been over 7 years since I've been to the area, but I believe the following place was fairly good, at least back then:

Thai Palace Restaurant

22433 Michigan Ave, Dearborn, MI 48124

It was simple, clean, small, cheap and good. One small disadvantage was that they didn't have an alcohol license. Not only was the food well spiced, the quality seemed above par as well. It was right next to a La Pita, or something like that, which had some good cheap Lebanese food as well, which I would also highly recommend. Alas, no liquor license there either, if I remember correctly.

If you go, or have already been there, please let me know!

Good Luck!

-Pete Liiva

Note to self: Do not forget to post the above message to prevent a time paradox and the destruction of the Universe.

I hate that when it happens..

I spend 578 years recovering from a time paradox.. in a while loop! And it wasn't "Ground Hog Day" either.. :blink:

And to top it all off... I didn't have my :camera: and no :beer:

The good news is that after recovering from it, I actually used the negative time capsule which brought me back in the future before the paradox occurred, thus preventing it. Now, it's just a FLASH memory.. :thumbup:

It's been over 7 years since I've been to the area...

That's awesome - thanks so much! I'll try it out ASAP and get reports back to you (I can almost smell the Tom Kha Gai and Larb already!)

...I actually used the negative time capsule which brought me back in the future before the paradox occurred...

Check this out - some of the comment replies are well worth reading...

I do have a bottle of Pineau des Charentes (made in Grande Champagne by Menuet [which is quite uncommun]) in my fridge at all time (you know for emergency situations). :)

I have a bottle of Pierre Ferrand in my fridge for the times my mother comes to visit. It's the only brand I can find in my area; ~$25.00 a bottle :2cents: . She's coming to visit over the Easter weekend; I can't wait to open it :D

I have a single bottle of rose that I picked up in Paris (forget which brand) before my first daughter was born. We were expecting, so I bought it and then wrote her name and birthday on the label. I plan to open it when she gets married (she's only 5 now). The second born will have to settle for the Pierre Ferrand I bought here.

I wish I spoke French, I actually know much more Thai. Mom was one of the old school immigrants who decided to bring her kids up speaking only English. C'est la vie :(

Anyone ever try Mekong whisky? That stuff will clear your head and can also be used to run your lawn mower when you're in a pinch! :P

...I plan to open it when she gets married...

Beware - my uncle opened a very old bottle of whisky on his 50th (I remember seeing it at his place growing up - he'd even made a little shelf for it in his bar area). The day came, I was lucky enough to be there, and he poored glasses for eveyone - we all took a swig and held our breath... After about half a minute, he was the one to say "has anyone got a bottle of coke to go with this crap?!?" :D

Anyone ever try Mekong whisky?

Sure have - it kept me going through Thailand - and I mean really kept me going!!! :wacko:

This has got to be one of the most whacked out topics ever on LAVA, and it seems to have a fractal (fractured?) nature. But I must say the discussion has turned pretty good once we got onto good food, great places to visit and some of the pleasantries of life.

Good to remember that life is not a keyboard.

Great idea about the wine/wedding days. Wish I'd thought of that. I didn't, but I did think of Dom Perignon when we got married. It went over real well on our 10th wedding anniversary when I gave her 10 gifts, spaced over 5 hours with clues, etc. The champagne bottled in the year we were married went over very well.

Alfa,

You seem EXTREMELY depressed... You have to let go the past! And don't hang on to it by some "negative timelines"... there's that negative word again..

Just turn that bloody page and move forward with life. You can't change the world. It's parts of every individual's growth.

There are only 3 things you should focus on:

1. your daughter (show her examples of how wonderful life is... don't forget, you're her model.. and it's not a positive one (based on your posts).

2. get a job.. any job.. wash dishes for "name_of_your_higher_being"'s sakes!! Contribute to society instead of saying rediculous things like 97.7% of humans are animals!! You're wrong!!! 100% of humans are animals, mamillians for that matter.. possibly evolved from stupid monkeys... So what if too many humans kept traces of their ancestors.. so be it! Concentrate on work and stop thinking negative thoughts!

3. Get laid... Not Late.. Laid.. You know, that good old ancestral animal instict that keeps the population growing. Since you have a daughter, then you know the drill ;) It does wonders to forget about life's little troubles. Have fun. Smile. Look at yourself in the mirror, tell yourself you love the person you see and laugh about it.. Life IS wonderful. And life is merely a reflection of how you feel about yourself. Work on that sense of humor.. Women luv a great sense of humor. Go to a bar and learn "story-telling" from some British dude. They are awesome at telling good stories. Laugh, drink & be merry.. for life IS very short... so don't waste one moment not having fun!!!

And as for all those theories that you come up with.... you're not the first and you won't be the last.

Live TODAY....!!!!! not tomorrow and certainly not yesterday...

You may hate what I wrote, but so be it..

Now enough talk about police & negative stuff.. Have fun!... Write some Labview code that makes you happy. Or better yet, write some LV code that makes everyone in this forum HAPPY.

Happy... happy... happy...

(now if we could only get a bit of sunshine...)

:star: :star: :star: :star:

Alfa,

You seem EXTREMELY depressed... You have to let go the past! And don't hang on to it by some "negative timelines"... there's that negative word again..

Just turn that bloody page and move forward with life. You can't change the world. It's parts of every individual's growth.

There are only 3 things you should focus on:

1. your daughter (show her examples of how wonderful life is... don't forget, you're her model.. and it's not a positive one (based on your posts).

2. get a job.. any job.. wash dishes for "name_of_your_higher_being"'s sakes!! Contribute to society instead of saying rediculous things like 97.7% of humans are animals!! You're wrong!!! 100% of humans are animals, mamillians for that matter.. possibly evolved from stupid monkeys... So what if too many humans kept traces of their ancestors.. so be it! Concentrate on work and stop thinking negative thoughts!

3. Get laid... Not Late.. Laid.. You know, that good old ancestral animal instict that keeps the population growing. Since you have a daughter, then you know the drill ;) It does wonders to forget about life's little troubles. Have fun. Smile. Look at yourself in the mirror, tell yourself you love the person you see and laugh about it.. Life IS wonderful. And life is merely a reflection of how you feel about yourself. Work on that sense of humor.. Women luv a great sense of humor. Go to a bar and learn "story-telling" from some British dude. They are awesome at telling good stories. Laugh, drink & be merry.. for life IS very short... so don't waste one moment not having fun!!!

And as for all those theories that you come up with.... you're not the first and you won't be the last.

Live TODAY....!!!!! not tomorrow and certainly not yesterday...

You may hate what I wrote, but so be it..

Now enough talk about police & negative stuff.. Have fun!... Write some Labview code that makes you happy. Or better yet, write some LV code that makes everyone in this forum HAPPY.

Happy... happy... happy...

(now if we could only get a bit of sunshine...)

:star: :star: :star: :star:

get a job.. any job.. wash dishes

That's good!

I can go in Cuba doing the same job and at least it's nice outside.

In communism and capitalism the intellectuals are second class citizens anyway.

I don't understand why all of you are making fun of Alfa. Time can go in reverse and it's very easy to prove it if you have LabVIEW. Just have a look at the attached VI. Kind of reminds me of Heinlein's "Waldo"...

Very clever "underlying truth" :thumbup: in your time reversal algorithm

Hope my comments are slightly more lucid than those of al....

allright time to get back to work :ninja:

The dummy people working for the government in any country don't write books; they are stupid.

Because I wrote a book and I need a Book publishing support; because the dummies from the Canadian government didn't write books they don't know if it is such program.

The dummy people working for the government in any country don't write books; they are stupid.

Because I wrote a book and I need a Book publishing support; because the dummies from the Canadian government didn't write books they don't know if it is such program.

What about the law books?

Here's something that might help you...

0471799521.jpg

Sorry, didn't see any non-dummies version...

-Khalid