Problem using "Pulse Measurements"

cocowk

Hi everybody,

Sorry for my poor English,

I'm a french student in internship using Labview for the first time.

I want to simulate a random binary frame. I found functions in Labview that can generate sine waveforms and square waveforms but using a periode. In my case, I want this signal to be square and to represent for example a binary sequence measured on a bus line such as CAN bus.

Is there a vi in Labview that realise this? Or do we have to generate this signal ourselves?

Then, here is my problem: I made a vi that generate this type of signal, and I wanted to measure the signal pulse width and its rising and falling times. But I get an error message like "Amplitude of the signal is 0"...

I join the VI to this message for you to see my errors...

Thanks

Download File:post-4586-1144395131.vi

I'm not sure I understand what kind of pulse generation you really want, but perhaps the edited attachment will help you out. I don't think you were actually generating a pulse train the way you were doing it. You were just generating a single sample.

-Matthew Harrison

Download File:post-811-1144401277.vi

Thank you for your answer.

It's not exactly what I wanted to do. I want the measurements to be done continuously that's why I put a while loop and not a for loop. But perhaps is it impossible. Your answer helped me, and I will work on it to try to get what I want. Thank you.