Seeking LabVIEW wrapper for Matrox MIL-LITE imaging library

We are looking for a set of LabVIEW wrappers for the Matrix MIL-Lite imaging library.

(we're using the Orion card). It's a set of DLLs and we basically want to be able to call them from LabVIEW with appropriate data structures, using the picture control (or something similar like an ActiveX control) for display.

Thank You

Larry

Larry Junek, Certified LabVIEW Developer

Project Engineer III, Software Group

Symtx

Custom Test Solutions

4401 Freidrich Lane Bldg 2 Austin Texas 78744

ljunek@symtx.com www.symtx.com

We are looking for a set of LabVIEW wrappers for the Matrix MIL-Lite imaging library.

(we're using the Orion card). It's a set of DLLs and we basically want to be able to call them from LabVIEW with appropriate data structures, using the picture control (or something similar like an ActiveX control) for display.

Thank You

Larry

Larry Junek, Certified LabVIEW Developer

Project Engineer III, Software Group

Symtx

Custom Test Solutions

4401 Freidrich Lane Bldg 2 Austin Texas 78744

ljunek@symtx.com www.symtx.com

Larry,

I'm sorry I didn't reply to your PM about this topic, I was busy for the last couple of days and didn't have time to reply. My company developed a DLL to setup, capture, display (using IMAQ), and shutdown Matrox framegrabbers that can be accessed with Mil-Lite 8.0. Its not open source, nor is it for sale, so all I can offer you is some tips and tricks that we found when developing such a DLL.

Are you sure you want to do this? Can you problem be solved using an NI card, or a combination of them? I'm also willing to accept that the NI vision cards don't solve every problem. Have you checked other video input cards that already have easy to use ActiveX controls that sell with the card? Don't get me wrong, I like using the Matrox cards, and I encourage you to use them if there is a definite reason. But in your case, dealing with the Orion (an analog camera input card / video card) I think there may be other solutions to your problem. Unless your time is free, you will spend more time developing an interface to the Orion board than you would if you used a National Instruments vision board.

As far as tips and tricks, I would suggest you find one of the Matrox Mil C examples that best fits what you want to do and work on turning that into a DLL. Keep your interface to LabView as basic as possible, and you will have an easier time debugging your DLL. Matrox has done a good job of providing good examples on how to interface with thier framegrabbers, and thus has made your job easier, but not complete.

I wish you luck, and will be happy to post a reply to any MIL specific questions that I can.

Chris

:thumbup: