Ignoring password protected VI's on find.

So there's some extra flag in the file that distinguishes it as "NI" - or is it because they reside in vi.lib?

Could be. Or if they are VIs from the LabVIEW DSC system or similar toolkits it could be the system flag for those VIs that also excludes them from being visible in the VI hierarchy and in eneral any search of any kind.

Rolf Kalbermatter

• 2 months later...

I've moved this topic to the wish list because I think NI's integration with password protected VI's and the search function completely sucks. Actually, there is NO consideration of password protected VI's in LabVIEW's search function. I would like the following:

1. A flag in the search options that allows you to ignore protected VI's
  2. If the flag is not set and a password dialog pops up during the search, there should be a checkbox asking if you want to: "ignore future searches in protected VI's (for this search)".

#2 is important because when the password dialog pops up, you only have the option to Cancel. This only cancels the current VI. If you have hundreds of password protected VI's then you will get hundreds of pop-ups. Perhaps an ABORT of the search in this dialog is better. Otherwise you have to play a game of: escape+click, escape+click, escape+click in order to abort the search.

I've moved this topic to the wish list because I think NI's integration with password protected VI's and the search function completely sucks. Actually, there is NO consideration of password protected VI's in LabVIEW's search function. I would like the following:
  1. A flag in the search options that allows you to ignore protected VI's
  2. If the flag is not set and a password dialog pops up during the search, there should be a checkbox asking if you want to: "ignore future searches in protected VI's (for this search)".

#2 is important because when the password dialog pops up, you only have the option to Cancel. This only cancels the current VI. If you have hundreds of password protected VI's then you will get hundreds of pop-ups. Perhaps an ABORT of the search in this dialog is better. Otherwise you have to play a game of: escape+click, escape+click, escape+click in order to abort the search.

I agree that we need these suggested features.

• 3 months later...