Paste Replace

JDave

Well, I finished my first scripting widget and I wanted to see what everyone thought. I got the idea from a *Wish List* post a while back. Why doesn't pasting simply replace the selected item? So here it is.

Features:

• Copy something to the clipboard. Select another item(s). Press the Replace button or use the hot key to replace.
  • It runs continuously on top and can have a hot key for Windows systems.
  • It is written in 7.1 but it is 8.0 compatible (though the hot key recognition is not as nice, the LabVIEW system seems to get a hold of the keys a bit more than in 7.1).
  • Structures are replaced entirely.
  • If the classes don't match up, nothing is done.
  • If nothing is selected, you have the option to do a normal paste, but this doesn't paste to where the last mouse click was (how do you get that?)
  • There are different setup options that are changeable at run time.

Download File:post-1519-1144715140.llb

Tell me what you think.

David

• Like 1
Well, I finished my first scripting widget and I wanted to see what everyone thought. I got the idea from a *Wish List* post a while back. Why doesn't pasting simply replace the selected item? So here it is.

Nice tool but I would like to change a few things so it will fit better with my personal tools.

Why is the Diagram is Locked?

Nice work.

I'm also in favor of unlocking the diagram (even if the code doesn't look that great :o ) and I would also suggest making the window much smaller. It should preferably be only the replace button with the option of getting to an options menu.

I password protected it on April 1, after reading Michael's wonderful joke. :nono: But since he didn't go through with it... I actually was hoping people would rip through the code and give me pointers where needed. :)

Here is the code without password. I thought about making the window be small and then expand open for options, but I didn't want to take the time. Is there a simple way to do the resizing necessary for this? Or is there a more elegant way of doing configuration of this sort?

I forgot in my original post to thank all the people who had posted code examples. This wouldn't have been possible otherwise. I took tricks from all over, so thanks to all !!!

Download File:post-1519-1144777714.llb

David

I password protected it on April 1, after reading Michael's wonderful joke. :nono: But since he didn't go through with it... I actually was hoping people would rip through the code and give me pointers where needed. :)

Here is the code without password. I thought about making the window be small and then expand open for options, but I didn't want to take the time. Is there a simple way to do the resizing necessary for this? Or is there a more elegant way of doing configuration of this sort?

I forgot in my original post to thank all the people who had posted code examples. This wouldn't have been possible otherwise. I took tricks from all over, so thanks to all !!!

Download File:post-1519-1144777714.llb

David

Nice Job and clean code :thumbup:

Suggestions for improvement:

• Make a config window (and put all the config parameters in it)
  • Make the whole UI very small and dock it somewhere on the side of the screen

PJM

• 1 year later...

QUOTE(Jim Kring @ Jul 27 2007, 02:18 PM)

Thanks for letting me know about that. I haven't really kept working on it since I couldn't figure out how to use the new (LV 8+) "Replace No Attributes" invoke node. Feel free to modify it as needed. I don't have the time right now, but maybe I will make it LV8 compliant later on.

QUOTE(Jim Kring @ Jul 27 2007, 02:18 PM)

Thanks for the great tool :worship:

-Jim

I am really glad that you are getting some good use out of it. It started out as "I wonder if I could do that?" and it was a fun tool to write and to learn some scripting.

David

• 1 year later...

David,

I've just confirmed from one of the JKI Engineers that your code made a surprise appearance in the JKI Right-Click Framework video. Basically, one of our team members adapted your code as a RCF plugin and we've been using it internally at JKI for some time now with great success! Once the RCF is officially released, we'd be happy to show you what we've done and let you "take ownership" of this plugin.

Cheers,

-Jim

QUOTE (Jim Kring @ May 27 2009, 10:30 AM)

I've just confirmed from one of the JKI Engineers that your code made a surprise appearance in the http://blog.jkisoft.com/news/announcing-the-jki-right-click-framework-for-labview/' rel='nofollow' target="_blank">JKI Right-Click Framework video. Basically, one of our team members adapted your code as a RCF plugin and we've been using it internally at JKI for some time now with great success! Once the RCF is officially released, we'd be happy to show you what we've done and let you "take ownership" of this plugin.
It was really cool to see something I started show up in your video! I am really glad that you were able to finalize it and figure out the scripting magic that I never did figure out. I would love to see what was done; I look forward to that!!

Great job with the Framework! It is a great extension to the LabVIEW IDE and to the concept started with VIPM. Keep the awesomeness coming.

David