How to hide/show task bar at windows Bar ?

IIRC, when a front panel has both "allow user to resize window" and "allow user to minimize window" options disabled, it has no taskbar button (maybe the same happens if its modal, I don't remember). If you want to get rid of the LabVIEW taskbar button too, use "HideRootWindow=True" in the application .ini file.

To have the taskbar button back, just change those options dinamically through a VI Server call (FP.Resizeable and FP.Minimizeable).

Hope that helps

IIRC, when a front panel has both "allow user to resize window" and "allow user to minimize window" options disabled, it has no taskbar button

Hi,

If I remember correctly, only the minimize window option is responsible for a visible task bar button.

alex

Hi,

If I remember correctly, only the minimize window option is responsible for a visible task bar button.

alex

Thanks all, I already know how to hide root window bar, but I want to hide both of them, root window bar and main window bar, disable "allow user to resize window" and "allow user to minimize window" options can hide applications task bar ? I don't think so. en, would you kindly help to make a simple sample for me ?

many thanks @! :)

Thanks all, I already know how to hide root window bar, but I want to hide both of them, root window bar and main window bar, disable "allow user to resize window" and "allow user to minimize window" options can hide applications task bar ? I don't think so.

But it is the case! The Windows extended properties for a window determine if the window will have a taskbar button or not. And I do not see why you couldn't make this test yourself. It is really simple and asking for a ready made example sounds a little like a HH (homwork hustler).

Rolf Kalbermatter

But it is the case! The Windows extended properties for a window determine if the window will have a taskbar button or not. And I do not see why you couldn't make this test yourself. It is really simple and asking for a ready made example sounds a little like a HH (homwork hustler).

Rolf Kalbermatter

rolfk.

I have tested, and made it yet, that I cann't achieve that function which I mentioned, before call this help. mention again, my hide bar is my program's task bar ! see enclosed

rolfk.

I have tested, and made it yet, that I cann't achieve that function which I mentioned, before call this help. mention again, my hide bar is my program's task bar ! see enclosed

Sorry all, Yes it can, as disable "allow user to resize window" and "allow user to minimize window" options can hide task bar, :( I don't know why couldn't just now. maybe I missed to disable "allow user to minimize window" options :D

post-4703-1144829608.jpg?width=400

thanks Aitor Solar,

See my sample, the vi can hide the task bar firstly running, as I press hide window, the bar is showing ? why ? cann't hide it again.

Not sure, but probably a minimized state prevents a VI being un-minimizeable, sounds logical. If you want to minimize and not to have a taskbutton (that is, the VI to dissapear from view), just use the "hidden" FP state, is much simpler.

Saludos,

Aitor

Not sure, but probably a minimized state prevents a VI being un-minimizeable, sounds logical. If you want to minimize and not to have a taskbutton (that is, the VI to dissapear from view), just use the "hidden" FP state, is much simpler.

Saludos,

Aitor

Aitor Solar,

Thanks for your reply, if LV prevents a VI being un-minimizeable, as open the block diagram, and run the VI the status is the same, Hidden FP ?

no, I want to show FP for user, and the FP hasn't title bar, menu bar, tool bar, just a pure FP, and no task bar. and I will use "System tray" to restore window status.

• 6 years later...

Hi

When you install a program it creates an ini file with the same name as the program name. How do I add"HideRootWindow = True" to this ini file, so it should not be done manually after installation? I've been looking high and low in application builder without being able to find it.

I use LV2012

regards Bjarne

EDIT: I found it under "Advance" :wub:

• 2 years later...