making lsb file in CIN

Dear members,

I want to call external code through CIN. it demands *.lsb file . but when i follow the steps according to link"How to build a .lsb file" then there r 0 errors and 0 warnings.but lsb file cannot be made

it asks us

in project->settings->custom build->build commands->"<your Cintools path>win32\lvsbutil" "$(TargetName)" -d "$(WkspDir)\$(OutDir)"

i fill it this

"<c:\Program files\national Instruments\LabVIEW 6.1\cintools>win32\lvsbutil" "$(TargetName)" -d "$(WkspDir)\$(OutDir)"

i mean to say that what is target name and wat is wkspdir

plz suggest me its very urgent

thanks in advance

pooja

Dear members,

I want to call external code through CIN. it demands *.lsb file . but when i follow the steps according to link"How to build a .lsb file" then there r 0 errors and 0 warnings.but lsb file cannot be made

it asks us

in project->settings->custom build->build commands->"<your Cintools path>win32\lvsbutil" "$(TargetName)" -d "$(WkspDir)\$(OutDir)"

i fill it this

"<c:\Program files\national Instruments\LabVIEW 6.1\cintools>win32\lvsbutil" "$(TargetName)" -d "$(WkspDir)\$(OutDir)"

i mean to say that what is target name and wat is wkspdir

plz suggest me its very urgent

thanks in advance

pooja

The description you are mentionening seems to be for Visual C 6.0. For Visual C 2003 or similar you will have to replace some of the keywords in $(keyword) with something else that has changed between Visual C. Sorry can't help you here as I'm still using Visual C 6 and for that matter when creating a CIN, which by the way is considered legacy technology and therefore not recommended for new designs, I'm using the nmake command on the command line instead. That whole Visual C IDE business for creating CINS seems simply overkill and to much hassle to me.

If you are trying to develop something new I would recommend you to abandone the CIN route althogether and go with DLLs/shared libraries instead and link them into LabVIEW through the Call Library Node. CIN support is probably not going away soon in existing LabVIEW platforms but support for new and upcoming LabVIEW platforms (Win 64bit, MacOS Intel, etc) is likely to be non existent).

Rolf Kalbermatter