FP.Origin

m3nth

I wonder if it's got anything to do with the ability to have sub panels and pane separators?

AFAIK, the Front Panel in 8 is no longer a single pane. With splitter bars (pane separators), there are possibly multiple panes with multiple origins. The front panel origin would then be the first pane origin (for a single pane application). It would be nice to have a FP.Origin property that just grabs the first pane's origin. ;)

On a side note, the top-left pane becomes the main pane, in that controls created from the block diagram show up here. :headbang: Took me a while to handle that one. I had a "Status Bar" at the top and I eventually had to get rid of the separator and put it in only at the very end to avoid controls showing up where I didn't expect them.

David

It seems that the FP.Origin property still works in 8.0, but it is deprecated. If you bring the function in from 7.1 you will get the Origin of the top-left pane on the panel. Appears to me this is a reasonable behavior, and there is no need to deprecate it.

It seems that the FP.Origin property still works in 8.0, but it is deprecated. If you bring the function in from 7.1 you will get the Origin of the top-left pane on the panel. Appears to me this is a reasonable behavior, and there is no need to deprecate it.

i finally made it down the property node tree to be able to set the front panel origin. what a pane(!) :thumbdown: i used to just drop fp.origin and set it to zero so my fp would reset every time but now i'll have to have a vi handy or a vi with a set of code to merge off the palette. i agree with previous suggestions: they should have left it with an updated description and consigned it simply to pane[0] origin.

actually, i expected this to be a settable property in the vi's property list since the window size is now a settable item. that is really convenient. but then if i scrolled around the FP, it would resize with my new origin and i couldn't see anything. doh! i'm sure they left this out because there is now an entire pane[] array to deal with, but it would still be really handy for single pane vi's.