Saving a "state"

Hello one and all (again),

Is there a way for the user to save the state of one's program (i.e. the values of a control) to a file without manually writing values to a spreadsheet manually? It would be kinda useful in the event that a buncha settings are tweaked and the user just wants to quickly recall them later.

Muchos gracias,

Mayur

PS: please do not be offended by my post icon, I wont use it again! :nono:

Hello one and all (again),

Is there a way for the user to save the state of one's program (i.e. the values of a control) to a file without manually writing values to a spreadsheet manually? It would be kinda useful in the event that a buncha settings are tweaked and the user just wants to quickly recall them later.

Muchos gracias,

Mayur

PS: please do not be offended by my post icon, I wont use it again! :nono:

I use a ini-file and a global variable for those purposes:

post-885-1146759118.png?width=400

the caption of the control in the global variable is the key in the ini-file in the section "user config". The VI has a "read" function, which is called at programm start, so the global is filled with the values, I write back to the file with the "write" function at the end of the programm. when I open a "edit settings" dialog or something like that, I write the value of the global to the control via a local variable ...

post-885-1146759521.png?width=400

the drawback is: the values in the ini-file are binary, so you cant read them directly unless you are able to read escape sequences ;)

best regards,

CB