need help badly

:worship: hi all!i am a newbie to labview and really need help for my final year project. i need to solve this exercise relevant to my project. i have to light up 5 leds in sequence. each time only one turn on. e.g. first light up, followed by second and the rest off, followed my third led on the rest off. and the same for 4th and 5th. any kind ones who knows please do and post me the VI asap in the forum. thanks a lot.

:worship: hi all!i am a newbie to labview and really need help for my final year project. i need to solve this exercise relevant to my project. i have to light up 5 leds in sequence. each time only one turn on. e.g. first light up, followed by second and the rest off, followed my third led on the rest off. and the same for 4th and 5th. any kind ones who knows please do and post me the VI asap in the forum. thanks a lot.

How to use the LAVA Website

... we are not your "Homework Hustlers", thanks :thumbdown:

EDIT: Could any admin remove the duplicate in Forum Feedback & Support?

Sorry, I won't do your school work for you. But, you may want to look at how to read and write to digital ports and lines.

Mike

please help me if u can. cause i have been trying hard but to no avail... :headbang:

What do you know how to do? (Real question, not rhetorical)

Have you ever written a VI? To do what?

Are even able to wire up LEDs to the digital outputs and get that to work?

What you are asking is incredibly simple and all of us had to get at least that far on our own. Furthermore everytime we do something new it is the same for us as for you. We go look at the examples that ship with the software (there are very pertinent example for you to use). We try and figure out how the examples work and mess around with them some. We read forum archives, look at tutorials, etc. Once we have the basics in hand and at leatst a rough understanding of the basics - then, then we start asking people to show us the VI.

Mike

LabView Basics

Maybe you shouldn't procrastinate, go thing this project isn't very hard. Read the online basics course and you should be able to do this with no problems. Pay attention to the Express VI's for data acquisition which should make this a very easy project for you.

i did read through all the basics already. but i did not see any that could run in sequence. i need one that is able to light up one by one.something like when you finish this step the task is complete it will go on to the next step. please help me please. i only have 1 week left.

this is one that i tried but does not meet the requirement of my project needs. mine is more like making it a latching circuit and run step by step.

You haven't stated what your project needs are. That could be helpful.

The VI was helpful. You said LEDs and I thought you meant actual LEDs attached digital outputs of a DAQ card, not boolean indicators on the front panel as you have.

You are missing the concept of dataflow and the use of wires for sequencing. Try to stop using sequence structures they are bad form the way you are using them.

Dataflow progamming is not like sequential text programing. No gotos.

A function or subvi runs when all its inputs are filled with data.

I sympathize, you must be trying to make sense of this with no mentors around. Been there.

You should turn on the highlighting (light bulb symbol at top of block Diagram in menu) to watch how the data moves about the VI.

There are about a million ways to do this. I am not saying you want to copy what I did. It is more to demonstrate dataflow for you. Play with the vi a bit. You will need to extract both the top level vi and the subvi to the same folder.

Download File:post-48-1146803160.zip

Good example mross, at the first glance it looks rather complicated but includes everything, just worth of a "two-houres-LV-basic-course" :thumbup:

Jaw, your next step would have been to tell your computer to switch off the leds, means wirting a false to a local variable of the led (rmd on led, select "crate/local variable"). Seems you missed two things:

- how to create local variables in LV

- the computer doesn't do anything unless you tell him exactly what to do, even with 3+GHz processors they are still dumb ;)

Didier

Good example mross, at the first glance it looks rather complicated but includes everything, just worth of a "two-houres-LV-basic-course" :thumbup:

Jaw, your next step would have been to tell your computer to switch off the leds, means wirting a false to a local variable of the led (rmd on led, select "crate/local variable"). Seems you missed two things:

- the computer doesn't do anything unless you tell him exactly what to do, even with 3+GHz processors they are still dumb ;)

Didier

so how do i create local variable in lv? :D

You haven't stated what your project needs are. That could be helpful.

The VI was helpful. You said LEDs and I thought you meant actual LEDs attached digital outputs of a DAQ card, not boolean indicators on the front panel as you have.

You are missing the concept of dataflow and the use of wires for sequencing. Try to stop using sequence structures they are bad form the way you are using them.

Dataflow progamming is not like sequential text programing. No gotos.

A function or subvi runs when all its inputs are filled with data.

I sympathize, you must be trying to make sense of this with no mentors around. Been there.

You should turn on the highlighting (light bulb symbol at top of block Diagram in menu) to watch how the data moves about the VI.

There are about a million ways to do this. I am not saying you want to copy what I did. It is more to demonstrate dataflow for you. Play with the vi a bit. You will need to extract both the top level vi and the subvi to the same folder.

i thank you for your time to help me, but some how this one like not wad i needed. :worship:

Didier

hmm do u know how to create latching circuit using labview?? please advise