What do I need to run the VI on my PDA?

skfink

Hi,

I'd like to build some software for my pda (Windows Mobile 2005), but I can't find the option to biuld it for a PDA. In the help is written that it's operate->switch Execution target->Select Target with Options

But there is no "Switch Execution Target" in my operate menu.

np :) This is what you need: NI PDA Toolkit.

If you do get the toolkit, be sure to look at this Knowledge Base article for instructions of what all you need. Install everything else before you install the toolkit to LabVIEW.

There is an update to the sold toolkit that will let you develop directly for Windows Mobile 5.0. The downside is that you also need to PURCHASE Microsoft's Visual Studio in order to use it. NI is not reselling this, so you will need to go to Microsoft's site to get it. You can also develop for Windows Mobile 2003 without purchasing MS's Visual Studio and it all seems to work fine on Windows Mobile 5.0.

Hope that some of this helps,

Bob Young

• 3 weeks later...
I got all the required tools now and installed it. In the Tools menu of LabView is now a menu item "Build for PDA", but it's disabled.

Are there certain circumstances that have to be fulfilled before this option gets enabled?

yes, you have to switch to the PDA-Target before this option is availiable and you must have the main-VI of your application open.

TGIF

CB

• 2 months later...

your labview start screen should look like this:

post-885-1154936680.png?width=400

you can build executables for the PDA with the "build for PDA" item from the tools menu:

post-885-1154936695.png?width=400

If you don't have a "Pocket PC 20xx Device" or "Pocket PC 20xx Emulatur" that means, you have some issues with your installation. Maybe the Microsoft Tools for PDA Development are missing? I suggest to remove the PDA Module and reinstall it step by step, following the manual. ActiceSync, the MS PocketPC 2003 SDK, etc are important Tools for the PDA Module wich must be installed, if the PDA Module should work properly.