LabView error 10401 question

I'm new to LabView, and not the most computer-literate person, but here goes: until earlier today a vi that I use regularly was working fine. Then - out of the blue - I get error message 10401 stating that "the specified device is not a [NI] product...". I tried to use the General Error Handler vi to cancel the error on match, but when I try to bring up the Error Handler vi I get a message telling me that "resource not found" and that error 3 ("could not load front panel") has occurred.

Any suggestions/help is appreciated.

I'm new to LabView, and not the most computer-literate person, but here goes: until earlier today a vi that I use regularly was working fine. Then - out of the blue - I get error message 10401 stating that "the specified device is not a [NI] product...".

Just be sure all your devices are showing up in MAX. I have seen the error before several times when devices used no longer showup in MAX. In W98 that happened occasionally just because W98 was pretty unreliable and would lose card configuration info. You certainly see it less in W-XP but sometimes a person has been pulling on cables on PC cards and the card is not seated properly, etc.

Just be sure everything shows up in MAX properly, that you use correct device numbers when initializing the device (look at MAX and your program to be sure the device number is the same).

Good luck with it.