Event handling question

Okay folks, I need your expert help and opinions!

I have attached my code, and in it are comments in the appropriate areas for what I want to do when. Essentially 'Power Interrupt.vi' runs when I hit the 'Start Testing' button in 'Power Panel.vi'. When the stacked sequences reach frames 1 and 3, I want it to trigger an event in 'Power Panel.vi' that will update my DAQ card with the new states of the Radar elements in 'Power Panel.vi'. How can I trigger event 8 in 'Power Panel.vi' from 'Power Interrupt.vi'?

Thanks in advance,

Nicholas

Download File:post-5227-1149596386.llb

Okay folks, I need your expert help and opinions!

I have attached my code, and in it are comments in the appropriate areas for what I want to do when. Essentially 'Power Interrupt.vi' runs when I hit the 'Start Testing' button in 'Power Panel.vi'. When the stacked sequences reach frames 1 and 3, I want it to trigger an event in 'Power Panel.vi' that will update my DAQ card with the new states of the Radar elements in 'Power Panel.vi'. How can I trigger event 8 in 'Power Panel.vi' from 'Power Interrupt.vi'?

Thanks in advance,

Nicholas

For events in general, have you looked at this topic? Dynamics Events

How can I trigger event 8 in 'Power Panel.vi' from 'Power Interrupt.vi'?

I haven't seen your code since I don't have LV8 in this machine, but basically you have two ways, AFAIK, depending on the specifics:

1) Open a VI reference to "power panel" from "power interrupt" and get a reference to the control you want. Use then the "value (signaling)" property node to trigger a "Value change" event in "power panel".

2) Register dinamically events from "power interrupt" in "power panel" through a "Register for events" node. But from your description, I think this method is not what you're looking for, because it only registers events, not program actions.

Saludos,

Aitor

P.S.: Or, since you're using LV8, you could use shared variables, a simpler solution that events, maybe. Or other ways of communication between VIs like queues, notifiers, etc.