Web Publishing Tool Problems

Hi,

I have designed a VI for a LAB. Now I need to enable it to be accessible on the network, so as to control it remotely. Here comes the problem, I have enabled the server, selected my VI under embedded viewing mode, when I try to preview it in the browser I get "This page cannot be displayed". If I save it and then try using the network URL, still the same error. Then If I even try to access it manually from the directory, I get an error of a different nature: Invalid Server IP address.

That is very strange, as I checked the computer IP address (ipconfig) and it is the same as the one in the options ( labview automatically detects it ). As for other options such as TCP/Ip I checked the enabled button and entered the port 3333 ( as a random number ), on machine access I have a *, on exported VI's I have a *, in configuration I have enable web server checked, with default http port 80, under visible Vi's i have a *, and under browser access I too have a *.

I also tried unplugging the computer from the Uni network and plugging it into a linksys router, but no luck.

I don't understand why I cant' resolve the error and move any further ? Help would be most certainly appreciated.

Andalusian

Hi,

I have designed a VI for a LAB. Now I need to enable it to be accessible on the network, so as to control it remotely. Here comes the problem, I have enabled the server, selected my VI under embedded viewing mode, when I try to preview it in the browser I get "This page cannot be displayed". If I save it and then try using the network URL, still the same error. Then If I even try to access it manually from the directory, I get an error of a different nature: Invalid Server IP address.

That is very strange, as I checked the computer IP address (ipconfig) and it is the same as the one in the options ( labview automatically detects it ). As for other options such as TCP/Ip I checked the enabled button and entered the port 3333 ( as a random number ), on machine access I have a *, on exported VI's I have a *, in configuration I have enable web server checked, with default http port 80, under visible Vi's i have a *, and under browser access I too have a *.

I also tried unplugging the computer from the Uni network and plugging it into a linksys router, but no luck.

I don't understand why I cant' resolve the error and move any further ? Help would be most certainly appreciated.

Andalusian

Did you first publish the VI's using the web publishing tool? This creates the html document on the Server which can then be viewed/controlled by a client.

Use Tools>>Web Publishing Tool to first create the html document of your VI.

also, as a troubleshooting tool, try to access the front panel of the VI from the local (server) machine itself via a web browser. If this works, then its probably some configuration settings on your intranet, and your IT person might be able to help.

Neville.

Did you first publish the VI's using the web publishing tool? This creates the html document on the Server which can then be viewed/controlled by a client.

Use Tools>>Web Publishing Tool to first create the html document of your VI.

also, as a troubleshooting tool, try to access the front panel of the VI from the local (server) machine itself via a web browser. If this works, then its probably some configuration settings on your intranet, and your IT person might be able to help.

Neville.

Yes thats how I've been doing it. Unfortunately, it doesn't work. All the error messages from post 1, were under those circumstances (post publishing+attempting to view VI from server machine)

Yes thats how I've been doing it. Unfortunately, it doesn't work. All the error messages from post 1, were under those circumstances (post publishing+attempting to view VI from server machine)

What version of LV are you using? What Browser? What URL were you typing in? What error message if any were you getting?

You might try:

from another PC that has LV loaded on it, try to see if you can connect to the remote panel of the VI on the server. Remote panels use the LV Web Server as well. If it doesn't work, it implies some IT settings are incorrect on your network.

Neville.

Probably a port conflict, I'd say. Create a simple html file (called for example "hi.htm") in the web server root directory, let's say something as simple as:

<HTML>

<BODY>

Hi!

</BODY>

</HTML>

Open the browser and go to localhost with the selected port, i.e.: "127.0.0.1:3333/hi.htm" (because, as you have seen, opening directly from windows leads to an error in the remote panel, 'cause you're not entering through the server). You should see the "hi!" message. If not, try using another port. First, check the web server is running, disable proxys, etc.

Saludos,

Aitor

Probably a port conflict, I'd say. Create a simple html file (called for example "hi.htm") in the web server root directory, let's say something as simple as:

<HTML>

<BODY>

Hi!

</BODY>

</HTML>

Open the browser and go to localhost with the selected port, i.e.: "127.0.0.1:3333/hi.htm" (because, as you have seen, opening directly from windows leads to an error in the remote panel, 'cause you're not entering through the server). You should see the "hi!" message. If not, try using another port. First, check the web server is running, disable proxys, etc.

Saludos,

Aitor

Thanks. I'm going to try that today, and reply back on how it goes.

BTW Neville: Labview 8.0