Queues/Data Exchange between TestStand and LabView

Hi folks,

Does anyone know of any example TestStand and Labview code that does something similar to the following...?

I'd like to start a vi in its own parallel thread from TestStand (which is working), and then at various places through my TestStand sequence, get data back from it via a queue. I've done this between 2 labview vi's on numerous occasions, but I can't seem to work out how TestStand and labview share the queue.

Any clues anyone?

Cheers,

ChrisC.

Hi folks,

Does anyone know of any example TestStand and Labview code that does something similar to the following...?

I'd like to start a vi in its own parallel thread from TestStand (which is working), and then at various places through my TestStand sequence, get data back from it via a queue. I've done this between 2 labview vi's on numerous occasions, but I can't seem to work out how TestStand and labview share the queue.

Any clues anyone?

Cheers,

ChrisC.

Here is one way to do it (I think). You dynamically launch a VI; this VI will be your queue generator. You can then launch any VI via the sequence and the queue should be accessable. You will have to keep a reference to the dynamically launched VI in TestStand and be sure to kill it at the end of the sequence.

Be sure to let us know if it works :D .

Bob Young

Thanks Bob,

Sure does, I've used this method to interchange data between vi's called from TestStand before, and it's really neat. It's a good way of implementing a "communications manager" (e.g. for serial comms to your device under test), where multiple vi's can talk to it.

What I was hoping to achieve was to pass data into TestStand directly from LabView without needing another vi by them using the same queue instance. Having done a bit more research, it can be done, although it seems a little more complex than first impressions suggest. Here's a link to something similar to what I was trying: http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?boar...y.id=7658#M5275

Thanks for the info, have sorted my problem through an alternative and simpler method....

Cheers,

ChrisC.

• 1 year later...

QUOTE(Chris Cartwright @ Jun 8 2006, 07:28 AM)

Hi folks,

Any clues anyone?

Cheers,

ChrisC.

You might possibly be having problems using a local queue between your TestView launched VI and the other VI. You should look at using remote queueing as described at openG.org.

It shouldn't be a problem to do what you are describing as I am doing something very similar now in my own project.

• 2 weeks later...