how can i make a stopper

Hi all,

I am novice in Labview. I am using Labview 5.1. I would like to create a stopper which count the seconds from 0 till I stop it!

How can I deal with this problem. I was suffering a lot with tick count and wait until next ms multiple, but I had no success :(

please help me if you know the answer

thanks in advance

Hi Aitor,

thanks for the quick answer!

could you send me this vi in 5.1 format.

m.p@mailbox.hu

thanks a lot

Hi Mezga,

starting from the screenshot, you can rebuild this VI in a few clicks...

BTW, why R U requesting for 5.1 when you also have 7.1 ??

Don't disgrace the Belgian flag :ninja:

TNT

I can't, LabVIEW 7 & 8 don't save VIs for such an old version. But as tnt said, it is really easy.

Saludos,

Aitor

LabVIEW 5.1 does not have the flat sequence structure. You will need to use the original sequence structure (stacked). In Pane 0 you will have to create a sequence local and wire the time-stamp into it (actually a double in 5.1?). In Pane 1 you will have your loop. In Pane 2 you will have to use the value in the sequence local for the subtraction.

I hope that this helps,

Bob Young

I can't, LabVIEW 7 & 8 don't save VIs for such an old version. But as tnt said, it is really easy.

Saludos,

Aitor

thanks again the quick answers,

I am using the 5.1 because this version is installed at my work. I've got 7.1 at home!

I think i was suffering today too much with this thing. I will relax a bit and continue it at home!

anyway i am not belgian i am hungarian but at this momeny i am working in belgium... so dont worry abuot the belgian flag :D

best wishes,

mezga

thanks again the quick answers,

I am using the 5.1 because this version is installed at my work. I've got 7.1 at home!

I think i was suffering today too much with this thing. I will relax a bit and continue it at home!

anyway i am not belgian i am hungarian but at this momeny i am working in belgium... so dont worry abuot the belgian flag :D

best wishes,

mezga

i did the vi in 5.1! thanks Bob!

but this is not exactly what i am looking for. it is written the elapsed time when i push the button. but i need something which count and show the seconds (during running) and stop and show the value when i stop the process.

thanks your help again!

mezga