exposure time

Hi

I am using a firewire camera to make a movie and analyse in real time

I have to decrease the exposure time to 1/64 sec.

Is there any vi using which I can change the exposure time manually or any labview function to adjust the properties of camera .

thanks in advance

vronto31

Are you controlling your camera with NI-IMAQ 1394? If so, exposure time is a property that is controllable in labview. If not, you'll have to control exposure time using a camera vendor supplied DLL or SDK.

HI

I am using NI IMAQ 1394...

Can you please tell me which VI or function is to be used to control .

Thanks for lasr reply

Are you controlling your camera with NI-IMAQ 1394? If so, exposure time is a property that is controllable in labview. If not, you'll have to control exposure time using a camera vendor supplied DLL or SDK.
HI

I am using NI IMAQ 1394...

Can you please tell me which VI or function is to be used to control .

Thanks for lasr reply

I don't have LV right in front of me, but if you drop a property node on the block diagram and attach the Imaq 1394 reference to it you should have exposure time in there somewhere. I can probably post a screen shot tomorrow, if I have time.

I don't have LV right in front of me, but if you drop a property node on the block diagram and attach the Imaq 1394 reference to it you should have exposure time in there somewhere. I can probably post a screen shot tomorrow, if I have time.

HI

I have tried the way as you said..

connected reference from camera to property node..

there were a number of attributes but none was for exposure.

Please send me the screenshot ,it will help me to get a break through.

Thanks for your help

vronto

• 15 years later...
On 7/18/2006 at 4:49 PM, Chris Davis said:

On 7/18/2006 at 4:49 PM, Chris Davis said:

Hi, I am controlling the camera with NI-IMAQdx and exposure time is not writable in labview. Would you please explain more how can I control exposure time with camera vendor?