Save avi video

I'm not so stupid. When I ask here something is because I tried before and my results are wrong or a disaster. I know that exists the help and the manuals.

I thought that this was a forum to help people who never used the labview before.

Laniru,

Proper etiquette here is for the requestor to post an example of the code they tried and failed with. Without that reference point, it is rather daunting for even the best Labview Coders on this Forum to know what your issue might be.

-Pete Liiva

I'm not so stupid. When I ask here something is because I tried before and my results are wrong or a disaster. I know that exists the help and the manuals.

I thought that this was a forum to help people who never used the labview before.

Actually, no.

This forum is for more Advanced discussion. The discussion area for first timers and people who just need a little hand-holding (as we all do from time to time) is the Developer Zone on NI's official site. You could post your question Here or Here. If no one else answers first, someone from NI will answer in a day or two.

This forum is called LabVIEW Advanced Virtual Architects becasue it is geared more to advanced topics. Design patterns, tricks, discovering and using undocumented features, large project challenges, and multiple developer challenges are the sorts of things that are often discussed here.

Hope that this helps,

Bob Young

I'm glad you tried something before you posted, and your problem is probably simple to fix just like your last problem, but as one of the posters mentioned, if you don't provide a screen shot or the actual code it is very difficult to help without quoting the manual.

I never intended to suggest that you were stupid, I just wanted to point out that you could at least try a little harder before expecting someone else to do it for you. You original post doesn't say that you've tried anything youself, so you're either plain lazy, a Homework Hustler or haven't read this.

A screen shot of your code such as the one below might help. This code uses NI-IMAQ to make an uncompressed 60 frame movie from image source img0.

post-2547-1153434460.jpg?width=400

Hello again

I want your help: I have an video avi and I want to pass a filter throught all the imatges frames of that and then save a new avi video with the new images. Here I attached what I do, but the vi doesn't work 'cos appears the next errors:

1.) Error occurred at IMAQ AVI Create: Invalid file format.

2.) Error occurred at IMAQ AVI write frame: Invalid refnum.

So, what I have to do to solution?

Thank you

Download File:post-5503-1153735307.vi

1.) Error occurred at IMAQ AVI Create: Invalid file format.

2.) Error occurred at IMAQ AVI write frame: Invalid refnum.

".avi" isn't a valid compression filter - it's just an extension to the filename, so the IMAQ_Create is looking for ".avi" in the resources list and it doesn't exist. Here something from the IMAQ_Create Help:

Compression Filter is the name of the compression filter used to write the frames to the AVI file. Use IMAQ AVI Get Filter Names to get the names of the valid compression filters currently installed on your computer.

RTFM for each VI you've got on your bloack diagram!