how to make different charts snap to the grid?

seoul

in my program, i collect several kinds of data, i need to display these data by different charts in the same panel. According to the user's comment, these chart' Y axis range and X axis range should initialized and changed , just like the example. However, you can find the two charts' display area do not snap to the same grid. That means , when i change Y axis range, the display area of the charts will change. In the word file, you can find when i add the code like the left part of the picture showen, the front panel will change like the right part of the picture. :headbang:

My English is not good, but the question has to be solved as soon as possible. Thanks! :worship:

Download File:post-2513-1153817951.vi

Download File:post-2513-1153818045.doc

Hi Seoul,

you can do this by using the "Plot Bound" property. In your case you only have to set the value for the left limit.

I added a screenshot, so it's accessible to everybody without LV8.

I also removed the sequence, it doesn't do you any good.

Have fun,

Guenther

post-3733-1153840038.png?width=400

Thanks a lot. :thumbup: So you mean that I have to install LV8 to solve this problem for LV7 hasn't this property node, right?

Thanks a lot. :thumbup: So you mean that I have to install LV8 to solve this problem for LV7 hasn't this property node, right?

Hi Seoul,

I have never used LV7, so I have no idea if this property already exists there. :D

But you're right, if it doesn't, you might be out of luck. Finally a good reason to get the upgrade. ;)

Have fun,

Guenther

I added a screenshot, so it's accessible to everybody without LV8.

Hi Seoul,

I think Guenther only posted the screenshot in stead of a a LV8-vi, so everyone without LV8 could see what he means.

BTW: the "Plot bound"-property also exists in LV 7

I have scripting enabled in the LV INI-file so I'm not 100% sure if this property is available by default

Grtz

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Seoul,

I think Guenther only posted the screenshot in stead of a a LV8-vi, so everyone without LV8 could see what he means.

BTW: the "Plot bound"-property also exists in LV 7

I have scripting enabled in the LV INI-file so I'm not 100% sure if this property is available by default

Grtz

how can i script the lv ini-file? where and what should i change it?

Thanks

how can i script the lv ini-file? where and what should i change it?

Hi,

also see "LAVA Forums > Software & Hardware Support. > LabVIEW (By Category) > LabVIEW VI Scripting"

just add

SuperPrivateScriptingFeatureVisible=True

SuperSecretPrivateSpecialStuff=True

to your labview.ini

I myself are very fond of the "funkyErrClustWire=True"

which turns the errorclusterwires green in stead of pink

to have a clearer overview when using lots of clusters/strings

Good luck,

TNT

Hi,

also see "LAVA Forums > Software & Hardware Support. > LabVIEW (By Category) > LabVIEW VI Scripting"

just add

SuperPrivateScriptingFeatureVisible=True

SuperSecretPrivateSpecialStuff=True

to your labview.ini

I myself are very fond of the "funkyErrClustWire=True"

which turns the errorclusterwires green in stead of pink

to have a clearer overview when using lots of clusters/strings

Good luck,

TNT

With your help. I can find those properties in my LV7, but all of the new property are read only. I cannot write to them, Should I add some more script?