Serial Port via labview

1) in VISA Configure Serial Port (Instr).vi->Basic Serial Write and Read.vi

Error -1073807342 occurred at Property Node (arg 1) in VISA Configure Serial Port (Instr).vi->Basic Serial Write and Read.vi

This error code is undefined. No one has provided a description for this code, or you might have wired a number that is not an error code to the error code input. :oops:

I am having this error while running the basic serial read and write VI please help me

• 11 months later...

QUOTE(stuckinlabview @ Aug 1 2006, 07:40 AM)

1) in VISA Configure Serial Port (Instr).vi->Basic Serial Write and Read.vi

Error -1073807342 occurred at Property Node (arg 1) in VISA Configure Serial Port (Instr).vi->Basic Serial Write and Read.vi

This error code is undefined. No one has provided a description for this code, or you might have wired a number that is not an error code to the error code input. :oops:

I am having this error while running the basic serial read and write VI please help me

I have been getting this same error code when trying to communicate with any serail port on the computer. All the ports are correctly set up and detected no problem by windows device manager. But when I open the labview measurement & automation application, I can't see any serial ports. In fact the devices and interfaces tab will not display at all.

I am currently using an evaluation version of labview 8.2. Previously I was using labview 7.1 with no problems at all.