The Tribot

I'd prefer: "find and chase the cat" (...that is meowing under my window) :laugh:

I think there's more to the "chase the cat" application than one would first expect. Years ago got a radio-control toy car for chasing my cat... worked fine 'till the cat figured out all he had to do was sit on it to stop it. So I gave the car to my boss... worked fine for him until his cat figured out that all she had to do was go one step up the stairs to get away from the car. I suspect a decent cat chaser will require combination of both programming and mechanical engineering.

(I have seen ads for a commercial product which is a lawn sprinkler set up with a motion detector-- so when a cat, or the mailman, skunk, or whoever) is detected, the sprinkler gives one broad strong sweep of water across the yard. Most cats really don't like getting wet. Of course skunks and mailmen don't either, and at least the skunk might be best left in peace to its own business.)

Best, Louis

[...]Of course skunks and mailmen don't either, and at least the skunk might be best left in peace to its own business.)

lol

but does not the water wash away all the smell? does a skunk stink, if it is washed? I don't want to test this IRL ;) but any answer founded on experience is apreciaced ;)

Water definetly does not wash off skunk smell. Hit one (it was already dead on the road) :( with a car once, despite much rain heavy rain, snow and slush, car didn't stop stinking as long as I had it ( fortunately this was a rental car, :thumbup: so I only had to put up with it for a couple of weeks.)

A friend who had a dog more curious than smart tells me that tomato juice works pretty well. No personal experience, couldn't see a way to hide enough tomato juice to bathe a car in my expense report.-- even dog takes quite a few gallons I'm told.

Seem to be getting a bit afield from the original topic. Perhaps time to say :beer:

I notice your tribot detects a dark line early. Mine (er, my son's) didn't detect at all. A quick change to monitor mode showed the right value to use. I am impressed at the ease-of-use of the new programming app. The original was obutse enough to make me delve into the ngc route. The new one lets me get the program written _before_ my son completes the build.

As far as cats (outside, at least) a friend of mine set spring-loaded paint stirrers (30cm long sticks) at cat level around his garden walls. He added vaseline to the end so the stick would smack the cat and deposit the petroleum jelly. The surprise and the work required to lick off the jelly deterred the neighbour's cats from any further visits.