Six LabVIEW 8.0 features no one talks about

QUOTE(linnx @ Mar 7 2007, 07:20 AM)

...I mean this is too much money... very nice if NI wasn't so greedy.

That's a little esoteric without any data - tell us the price, or at least include a link to the Diadem runtime sales page on ni.com.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(crelf @ Mar 6 2007, 04:41 PM)

Sometimes I like to think that when I'm posting here, i'm not making a report for the NSA or DOD, alas. The price of the Run Time License is the cost of the deployment, so if you have DIADEM basic for 1199, the user has to pay the same to use your application. The price of DIAdem can be found here: http://www.ni.com/diadem/''>http://www.ni.com/diadem/' target="_blank">http://www.ni.com/diadem/. The lowest price is $1199 which is steep considering that most languages out there come with great built in classes for print preview and other basic stuff like this.

DIAdem is overkill and it seems like you get overkill or nothing, there's no inbetween as far as LV's print preview functionality and formatting is concerned.

QUOTE(linnx @ Mar 7 2007, 08:10 AM)

:D That doesn't mean that you can just say anything without justifying it and expect everyone to agree with you. I, for one, am actually interested in the perception of NI's prices, and am glad you posted.

QUOTE(linnx @ Mar 7 2007, 08:10 AM)

DIAdem is overkill and it seems like you get overkill or nothing, there's no inbetween as far as
LV
's print preview functionality and formatting is concerned.

Now that you've provided your frame of reference, I understand your point of view - thank you!

QUOTE(linnx @ Mar 6 2007, 04:10 PM)

DIAdem is overkill and it seems like you get overkill or nothing, there's no inbetween as far as LV's print preview functionality and formatting is concerned.

LV doesn't have any print preview capacities. Diadem is a separate product that built its own. You can use the VI's invoke method "Print to HTML" to dump the contents to your HD and then launch a browser window to see the preview, or build your own viewer of the image files that LV generates. It's not a case of "overkill or nothing." It's a case that a very expensive piece of software, Diadem, added a feature to display the print preview of a diagram. But they're working with the same LV as everyone else.