speed , a problem

prasan

HI friends,

am interfacing with a digital oscilloscope(rs 232) and i got lv7.1.the acquisition was very slow.i tried changing the baud rate(from 9600 to something higher) in the scope and in the system but a VISA timeout error occured.is there a way to increase the speed of the acquisitoin.of course the GPIB is a better choice, but using rs232 is it still possible to increase the speed?

thankyou

Hi Prasan:

115 kBaud through the serial port is no problem, I use that as a matter of routine?

When you say that you're setting the higher baud rate in "the system"-- it almost sounds like you are setting it in the windows control panel for the serial port. If so, try setting it from within LabView instead.

If that's not the problem, post your code if you can, we may be better able to help.

Also, keep in mind that you can cheat on the maximum length for a serial connection at lower speeds, but perhaps not at higher speeds-- but my bet is a software issue that we might be able to help on.

Best Luck, Louis

am interfacing with a digital oscilloscope(rs 232) and i got lv7.1.the acquisition was very slow.i tried changing the baud rate(from 9600 to something higher) in the scope and in the system but a VISA timeout error occured.is there a way to increase the speed of the acquisitoin.of course the GPIB is a better choice, but using rs232 is it still possible to increase the speed?

A dumb question, but to me it sounds that you have changed the baudrate on your computer, but have you done it also on the oscilloscope?

HI friends,

thankyou

What scope are you using? Does it have an ethernet interface?

Also, try to use binary data transfer and then convert to DBL's in the LV code, that will help the data transfer speed.

Optimize the code to avoid sending the same command repeatedly to reduce bus traffic. Without looking at the code, can't say much more; these are just some general pointers.

Neville

Hi Prasan:

115 kBaud through the serial port is no problem, I use that as a matter of routine?

When you say that you're setting the higher baud rate in "the system"-- it almost sounds like you are setting it in the windows control panel for the serial port. If so, try setting it from within LabView instead.

If that's not the problem, post your code if you can, we may be better able to help.

Also, keep in mind that you can cheat on the maximum length for a serial connection at lower speeds, but perhaps not at higher speeds-- but my bet is a software issue that we might be able to help on.

Best Luck, Louis

Hi louis,

I have increased the baud rate of my yokogawa oscilloscope and the baud rate

through visa option of labview to 57600 from 9600, but there is no appreciable

change in the speed of the data acquisition.I am sending my vi , please suggest the

required changes to be done.

Also, try to use binary data transfer and then convert to DBL's in the LV code, that will help the data transfer speed.

Optimize the code to avoid sending the same command repeatedly to reduce bus traffic. Without looking at the code, can't say much more; these are just some general pointers.

Neville

hi Neville,

change in the speed of the data acquisition.I am sending my vi , please suggest the

required changes to be done

Neville

hi Neville,

required changes to be done

Download File:post-5784-1156485685.vi

Download File:post-5784-1156485970.vi

Download File:post-5784-1156486221.vi