Menu bar and toolbar don't invoke the mouse leave event

Yair

I can confirm that LabVIEW 8.20 behaves the same way. There is no Mouse Leave event fired when the cursor enters the toolbar or menu bar area, however there is a Mouse Leave when you go past the menu bar and into the title bar. The menu and toolbar areas are "special" and have their own behaviors. I guess we developer-users do not have the ability to mess with stuff up there.

I never actually noticed this before because I usually remove the toolbar (naturally) and because I don't normally use the mouse leave event.

In this case, the test VI I was refering to was the one from the coding challenge, which has both the toolbar and the menu bar visible and where I did monitor a sequence of mouse down/up/move/leave events.

I would expect that if a certain area does not respond to mouse events, then it should trigger the mouse leave event. I wouldn't call this a bug, but I would call it an unwanted behavior. Any other opinions?