Error 7 while building exe application

Dear Labview Pioneers,

Could you guys help me out how to solve this error problem while I am using Labivew7.1 to build applications

" Error 7 occurred at Invoke Node in Dist Build App from LLB.vi->Dist Build App Image.vi->Build Application.vi"

I have checked all vi settings, all of the files are in the right directory.

It happens twice, the first time is I use tool to launch build DLL, the second time is during build.

Thanks in advance

Read LabVIEW Application Builder User Guide, I found this out recently myself, so I told myself RTFM

There are some caveats:

If the VI loads other VIs dynamically using the VI Server or Call By

Reference Nodes, make sure the application or shared library creates

the paths for the VIs correctly. When you include the dynamically

loaded VIs in the application or shared library, the paths to the VIs

change. For example, if you build foo.vi into an application,

its pathis C:\..\Application.exe\foo.vi, where

C:\..\Application.exe represents the path to the application

and its filename.

Another trick: Help -> explain error

" Error 7 occurred at Invoke Node in Dist Build App from LLB.vi->Dist Build App Image.vi->Build Application.vi"

It happens twice, the first time is I use tool to launch build DLL, the second time is during build.

Willy,

Based on what you said I think the problem is due to some missing files in the <labview>\applibs folder, something that shouldn't happen so there isn't a great error for it. Check to see if you have dllshell.lib and lvapp.lib there, if they aren't, I recommend going to add/remove programs and choosing to repair your installation of App Builder or LabVIEW Pro.

Kennon

Thank you guys for your prompt reply and useful information.

I believe it is caused by the Application Builder. I just found out the Labview7.1 I am using is not professional version. Therefore, application builder will not be included. However, for some reason I have that opition. I cannot find any other machines which installed Labview7.1 had that option.

Very strange but interesting. :P

Once again thank you guys so much

Best regards,

Willy

I believe it is caused by the Application Builder. I just found out the Labview7.1 I am using is not professional version. Therefore, application builder will not be included. However, for some reason I have that opition. I cannot find any other machines which installed Labview7.1 had that option.

Willy,

You can buy Application Builder and install it on LabVIEW Base or Full Development Systems. If you have it installed on Base or Full it should up under Add Remove Programs. It is possible that instead of being installed App Builder was copied to that machine and not everything was copied that it needed. I suggest getting the installer for App Builder 7.1

Kennon

• 1 month later...

Hello, everybody

I have the same problem, it says that one VI of the source file or his dependant files doesn't exist. Possible solution : Open all VIs in the list of the source file and re-compile them.

I did what they said, but always the same error!!! My files are stocked in a commun disk and all the files are in the same path. I don't understand where come from the problem.

Thanks a lot