Displaying a 8 bit grayscale image in picture box

plneo

Hello everyone, Can I seek some assistance here? I have attached a VI here and I am trying to display a 8-bit grayscale image in the picture box. However, everytime I load the array, the colours are not correct.

I am aware that I can do something to the 'color' terminal of the flatten pixmap.vi. Can I ask how do I set the 'colour' terminal of the flatten pixmap.vi so that it can display 8-bits grayscale image?

Thanks.

Hello everyone, Can I seek some assistance here? I have attached a VI here and I am trying to display a 8-bit grayscale image in the picture box. However, everytime I load the array, the colours are not correct.

I am aware that I can do something to the 'color' terminal of the flatten pixmap.vi. Can I ask how do I set the 'colour' terminal of the flatten pixmap.vi so that it can display 8-bits grayscale image?

Thanks.

Download File:post-5479-1157550331.vi

Thanks.

The following VI will create a grayscale pallete that can be fed into the color terminal in the flatten pixmap.vi.

Enjoy. :thumbup:

post-2547-1157553717.jpg?width=400

Can I ask how do I set the 'colour' terminal of the flatten pixmap.vi so that it can display 8-bits grayscale image?
Hi,

just place a for loop

wire 256 to N

multiply i with 0x010101 (radix = hex) [ = 65793 (Radix = decimal) ]

leave auto-indexing enabled

and you got a 256-colortable

good luck,

TNT

• 4 weeks later...
Hi folks. I solved this problem a few days ago, forgetting to search here first for the answer. I used the builtin function "Join numbers". :)

post-3106-1159826361.png?width=400

This is a good replacement for the VI I snapshotted above! I was trying to find a color pallete creator example I saw a few years ago to post with this but I couldn't find it. Oh well! :headbang: