Embedded Remote Panels: Pop-up Dialogs and SubVIs

I have a project that has been using embedded (in a web browser) remote panels for accessing an application, over the network. In LabVIEW 7.0, there was a very nice feature, where dialogs and subVIs that were opened, would open on the client's computer, as well. Then in 7.1, this behavior went away -- the dialog and subVIs would open only on the server, and not on the client. Then in 8.0, this behavior reappeared. And then in 8.2, it went away again. Does anyone know anything about this or how I might be able to activate this behavior (perhaps with an app.ini setting on the server)?

Thanks,

IIRC, in 7.1 it depends if the client is just viewing the panel or controlling it. If it's controlling, he will see the dialogs and subVIs, but not in monitor mode. The problem arises when a dialog can open before the remote panel has completed loading and the client still doesn't have control of it (the request control command is one of the last things to be processed) because in such case, the dialog will be only visible in the server machine. A solution is setting the VI first to wait until the RP is loaded before proceeding.

I don't remember finding a different behaviour in 8.0, I'll test it just out of curiosity :) .

Saludos,

Aitor