LuaVIEW Example with GPIB/Serial Hardware

rayodyne

We're currently evaluating whether LuVIEW can indeed be used as a "TestStand Lite" but we're having problems trying to demonstrate a simple poll of a GPIB instrument and serial device. We'd like to run a Lua script that calls LabVIEW VIs, the Lua script would contain the configuration parameters for the LabVIEW VIs.

Does anyone have a simple hardware example showing the appropriate use of the VItemplates?

I have to commend CIT, the documentation supplied is excellent (especially for the SCADA example) but we can't seem to find a hardware example.

Regards,

Chroma

I have been using LuaVIEW for over a year and it has worked very well for me. I can control all the resources in a PXI chassis (single point and HW timed analog input, AO, DIO, counter PWM) also VISA based instruments such as balance scales, humidity sensors, fluid baths. I have a prototype dialysis machine completely running under LuaVIEW control. All you really need to understand is how to define a LuaVIEW callable LV vi. There is very good documentation on the subject. I am attaching a couple of examples for you to look at. Good Luck!

Mike Sachs

Intelligent Systems

Download File:post-162-1158323291.vi

Download File:post-162-1158323357.vi

I have been using LuaVIEW for over a year and it has worked very well for me. I can control all the resources in a PXI chassis (single point and HW timed analog input, AO, DIO, counter PWM) also VISA based instruments such as balance scales, humidity sensors, fluid baths. I have a prototype dialysis machine completely running under LuaVIEW control. All you really need to understand is how to define a LuaVIEW callable LV vi. There is very good documentation on the subject. I am attaching a couple of examples for you to look at. Good Luck!

Mike Sachs

Intelligent Systems

Many thanks for your prompt reply - greatly appreciated! Yes, I'll be a pain (sorry) and ask do you have a LV 7.x version?

Best regards,

Chroma