SSP CDs shipped to North American users?

David Boyd

Probably the wrong forum, and I'm almost embarassed to ask, but:

If you've got an SSP, have you received your LV 8.20 distribution CDs by now? I got the impression from others on this forum that they've received theirs a few weeks ago, but I still haven't seen mine show up. I emailed my rep last week, who promised that they'd be shipping 'in a week or two'. Are you guys all working off the installer you FTP'd?

Dave

Probably the wrong forum, and I'm almost embarassed to ask, but:

If you've got an SSP, have you received your LV 8.20 distribution CDs by now? I got the impression from others on this forum that they've received theirs a few weeks ago, but I still haven't seen mine show up. I emailed my rep last week, who promised that they'd be shipping 'in a week or two'. Are you guys all working off the installer you FTP'd?

Dave

In our group, half have received this update and half haven't. Go figure !.

In our group, half have received this update and half haven't. Go figure !.

in the past i always received the SSP upgrade very quickly , sometimes before it was even announced , this time i havent received anything yet , i was told by NI i would see it by the end of the month. i am using the downloaded version for now.

Dan

in the past i always received the SSP upgrade very quickly , sometimes before it was even announced , this time i havent received anything yet , i was told by NI i would see it by the end of the month. i am using the downloaded version for now.

Dan

My group currently has 4 SSP subscriptions, and we all recieved ours about 2 weeks ago.

As a plus this quarters subscription comes with a nice litle CD carrying case with NI's logo on it.

My group currently has 4 SSP subscriptions, and we all recieved ours about 2 weeks ago.

As a plus this quarters subscription comes with a nice litle CD carrying case with NI's logo on it.

I have received mine. Although my carrying case zipper broke when I first used it. NICE!!!!!

I have received mine. Although my carrying case zipper broke when I first used it. NICE!!!!!

We have over 100 full and professional licenses on our SSP but haven't received any CDs yet.

Although we have received the Developer Suite CDs for which we have 5 licenses.

Only a few have upgraded to 8.20. So we've just downloaded the installation from ni.com.

Now I'm anxious to get the cool carrying case.

-James

Same thing down here. I'm running out of room on the shelf! Have thought about getting binders with CD sleeves in them as an alternative with all the paper documentation in a separate pocket.

I've got four of these stacked for data storage. I don't have the NI CD's in them yet, but I do have other software and data burned to CD or DVD. Nice part about it is when I switch to HD DVD or BlueRay I can use the same system!

I've got four of these stacked for data storage. I don't have the NI CD's in them yet, but I do have other software and data burned to CD or DVD. Nice part about it is when I switch to HD DVD or BlueRay I can use the same system!

I was actually looking at those when our SSP brick turned up :) I'd love it if it could actually read the CDs and I could lock a stach of them away in the server room so everyone could access them over the network...

I was actually looking at those when our SSP brick turned up :) I'd love it if it could actually read the CDs and I could lock a stach of them away in the server room so everyone could access them over the network...

I remember seeing and reading about CD-Rom servers, but that has been awhile. With disk space so cheap now, you could probably do a disk copy to a server drive when the disks come in and make that accessable to everyone... I've attached this stack to my server and users (there are just three) have the ability to eject a disk when they need to by using VNC to take control of the computer.

Not to hijack the thread back to its original subject :laugh: , but...

Box came in the mail today - identified as the new copy of LV 8.20 FDS (we have a volume license for both PDS and FDS). Not that it really matters - the CD contents are whatever you have activation codes for. An identical box with PDS labelling will probably show up in a few more days.

But definitely no fancy zippered cases for us :(

Mostly I'm just happy to have the disks for the August 2006 driver release.

Dave