Repeat Last Command HotKey in LabVIEW?

One of my favorite keyboard shortcuts in MS Office is the "F4" key. I can't even begin to explain how much time it saves me in word when I can highlight a table, change the ENTIRE formatting and then just click on each remaining table in the document and press F4 to magically make all of the table formats the same. This is due to the "Repeat previous action" or "repeat last command" option in MS office. Please tell me this option is available in LabVIEW!

I am currently in the process of replacing a specific VI with another. I wrote some simulation VI's and would like to quickly replace every instance with another VI when simulating and then vice versa when running with real hardware. Please tell me there is some way to do this other than manually!

:headbang:

Help!

This is a major annoyance for me with LabVIEW. Wonderful capabilities in the language --- woefully limited in the IDE department. I am pretty sure there is no such built-in functionality.

You can do such macro replacing with scripting. I wrote a scripting tool a while back to replace currently selected items with the clipboard content. The lack of this basic functionality just bugged me. However, with 8.0 and on the scripting method for replacing was changed to something unintelligible :angry: I think it still works for block diagram nodes, but I haven't played with it for a while.

David

One of my favorite keyboard shortcuts in MS Office is the "F4" key. I can't even begin to explain how much time it saves me in word when I can highlight a table, change the ENTIRE formatting and then just click on each remaining table in the document and press F4 to magically make all of the table formats the same. This is due to the "Repeat previous action" or "repeat last command" option in MS office. Please tell me this option is available in LabVIEW!

I am currently in the process of replacing a specific VI with another. I wrote some simulation VI's and would like to quickly replace every instance with another VI when simulating and then vice versa when running with real hardware. Please tell me there is some way to do this other than manually!

Help!

Could'nt you put your sim VI inside the real one and add an input to select sim or real mode? This is what i usually do when i build sim capacities in an app.

Help!

Try using the find and replace feature! Edit >> Find and Replace

You can search for functions, VIs, Globals, typedefs, etc...

Richard