Security: Login and password on a Remote Panel VI?

Remote Panels use now the web server, not the G web server. In the Web Server configuration tab, you can allow or disallow access to specific VIs and from specific IPs, but not password protect them, as far as I know.

Now, I don't know if there's any way of retrieving a FP through the G server, without calling the Web Server. It seems this was possible back before the web server existed, so maybe is still there.

Saludos,

Aitor

• 1 month later...

I had the same problem just recently. What I did was to write my own little password program. The only trouble is that if you remote control a vi, then only one user can log in at a time, because they have to take control. Then you must redirect them to another page. I did this by opening up a remote instance of another program that was the one that I was password protecting and closing the port of the password program so the next user in the queue would get bumped up to being in control. The password feature that labview has is kind of inadequate because it is basically an htaccess file that is put into the directory and uses like apache to control access to the folder. The only thing is that you cant log users that way and stuff. My way also required a database file, which I made in microsoft access to be able to look into when people try to log in so that I know who is supposed to be logging in and who is not. If they weren't in the database I would automatically close the port of the password vi so that the next user in line would be bumped up to control. I wish labview would have a better set of security features for remote panel connections. Anyways, that is an idea that you could try, even though it took a lot of fiddling to make mine work.