XML scripting

bsvingen

There is a bunch of XML Script VIs in LabVIEW 8.2\vi.lib\_script\XML Scripting Does anyone know what these are for? Is it something to come, or can it be used now?
If my memory serve me well, these VIs are use by mathscript. Everything that came with your LV can be used. There are actually gems in vi.lib that are unfortunately not exposed on the palette. In regards to these script VIs, If you can figure out the abstraction NI build over scripting, I see no reason why you should not use them.

Note: Here is a gem I found in that folder as well (Connector Pane Terminal Order.ctl)

post-121-1159401082.png?width=400

PJM

If my memory serve me well, these VIs are use by mathscript. Everything that came with your LV can be used. There are actually gems in vi.lib that are unfortunately not exposed on the palette. In regards to these script VIs, If you can figure out the abstraction NI build over scripting, I see no reason why you should not use them.

Note: Here is a gem I found in that folder as well (Connector Pane Terminal Order.ctl)

post-121-1159401082.png?width=400

PJM

That's pretty neat, but I've always (since scripting )wondered how to handle the rotation of the connector pane.

Aside from that, these XML files look like a pre-cursor to something new w/ lv as a whole w/ regards to scripting and porting of VIs

That's pretty neat, but I've always (since scripting )wondered how to handle the rotation of the connector pane.

How to handle it? Well, you have the rotation methods for the connector pane:

post-1450-1159887585.jpg?width=400

We can do it all, but adding new patterns. It would be necessary a xnode for that, and is not so simple :(

Saludos,

Aitor