Close a VI from its block diagram

Most of the time I have block-diagrams up and front-panels minimized. But when it comes time to close the VIs I have to switch to the front-panels and close them.

It will be nice to be able to close a VI by closing its block-diagram. It could be made conditional like "close VI only while holding down control key". So Ctrl + a click on the "x" of the block-diagram window would close the VI.

Thanks,

-Khalid

If you're already got your left hand on the Ctrl key (which I almost always do when programming in LabVIEW), it's pretty quick to do Ctrl-E -> Ctrl-W. That's the procedure I usually do when wanting to close a VI while viewing its diagram.

-D

Thanks Darren. I try doing that.. but lately with LV8.x, and when I have a bunch of VIs open, the Ctrl+E takes a while to bring up the panel window and display it -- all this effort only to close the VI.

-Khalid

I only started using Ctrl-W recently, and I would probably adopt that method, but for some reason, Ctrl-W doesn't always work for me. I couldn't figure out why, since Ctrl-E seems to always work fine. I suppose it could be the W key, but I don't seem to have any problems with it.