Introduction

Jacemdom

Salut.

The steady flow of new users reminded me that I never did a formal or "unformal" introduction and i decided i would do them.

First the formal one

post-731-1160435165.gif?width=400

In school i studied what could be called "learn to measure and control anything with a computer". This includes physics, sensors, electonics, digital conversion and programming(Assembly, C, VB and LV) Altough i forgot the majority of the details i have a good basis to understand all physical phenomenas and how to measure/control them.

As for the remaining time. Since i remember that i can remember. I have spent the majority of the time studying human behaviors including me, and creating models that could potentially allow everyone on the planet to breath air, drink water and eat.

Now for the "unformal"

post-731-1160434962.gif?width=400

The first part of my life was spent trying to learn and be taught about the object model...

Class : I'm in an advanced junior high highschool CLASS for the gifted and my family is part of the middle CLASS and you should not think that you have anything to do with the CLASS of people who are dying from hunger

Object : Everything around you is an OBJECT, apple, atom, mother, friend, dog, rock, sock...

Method : You cannot do that that way, you must first do the preliminaries

Inheritance : You INHERITED everything you know from your ancestors, you INHERITED your DNA from your PARENTS, you are their CHILD, your mother died and here is your HERITAGE

Multiple inheritance : You INHERITED both from your mother and from your father, maybe your father is not the one you think, but that is PRIVATE DATA

Encapsulation : We wash our dirty laundry in the house and it stays in the house

Abstraction : You are not an animal, you are a human. Even tough you sometimes feel the envy to grunt, and everytime you see an attractive non-animal human female you want to insert your private data into hers

Polymorphism : Your girlfriend behavior alone with you in the house vs your girlfriend behavior with you outside the house surrounded by other non-animals humans who surrely would not want a piece of her private data

That basically sums it until i met LabVIEW and it intoduced me, 11 years ago, to the dataflow world that i had no idea existed, even tough i always suspected/felt that there was something really crooked about the OBJECT world and it CLASSES with PRIVATE jets and mass PUBLIC welfare funds that aren't even able to feed everyone. Dataflow entered my mind and changed the way i would see/model the exterior and interior of my body. That was the biggest ideological turning point of my life.

The second part of my life was spent trying to unlearn the object model and replace it by a dataflow one

May the flow be with you...

my real name is Dominic, Jacemdom comes from when i got tired of creating usernames, on the web, that were already used and decided to create one, that would unlikely been used before. I only got bumped once and that was due to me having unsubsribed from a site and trying later to subsribe again and the server add remembered my old name :blink: , so i had to wait a couple of months for their automated flush process to act and then was able to use my virtual name again.

It comes from JACob oldest son, EMrik youngest and DOMinic :)

If we live in an Object world, then unique inheritance is a fantasy!

• 1 month later...

Hello!

I am new to this forum so I would like to take the opportunity to introduce myself.

My name is Johannes. I live in Austria in Europe and I work for a semiconductor producer mainly as software developer. My current assignment is to develop automated test systems for failure analysis purposes.

I have used LabVIEW since 1997. I have studied electronics and computer science. I am native Austrian and live now in the city Villach which is located in the south of Austria.

I like snowboarding, playing basketball and dancing salsa.

With kind regards

Johannes

• 11 months later...
  • 7 months later...

hello all -- I'd just like to introduce myself. My name is scott carlson and I have been using labview for a few years now. I just recently graduated college with my BSME and am working full time as a software engineer for an industrial automation company up in new england. I just registered for NI Week and also signed up for your party on wednesday night(?). I hope to have good conversation and beer with all of you! I can't wait to hit austin.

-src

Welcome to LAVA. Enjoy NIWeek, but just remember that the LAVA BBQ is on Tuesday night. Wednesday probably has the NI party, which is also good, but you wouldn't want to mix up the days, since the two events are not in the same place. :laugh: