Storing values defined by user

With this task I am venturing into uncharted territory in terms of my labview knowledge. I am attempting to store points that are defined by the user that can be used later. Basically after the user has found two points on a graph (with help of the cursor) and the depth from the two points has been calculated I would like to be able to have the ability to select out those points and the depth that I find by the press of a button. I need to be able to accumulate points and depths, so I can get a running average later.

I believe I need to use the event structure with a create user event vi, but I do not know how to put it all together. I have very limited resources on these topics and I have read through some of the examples. Can someone give me a few hints as to how to approach this type of problem. I am not looking for someone to do it for me, I just need a few hints to get me going in the right direction.

Thanks!!

With this task I am venturing into uncharted territory in terms of my labview knowledge. I am attempting to store points that are defined by the user that can be used later. Basically after the user has found two points on a graph (with help of the cursor) and the depth from the two points has been calculated I would like to be able to have the ability to select out those points and the depth that I find by the press of a button. I need to be able to accumulate points and depths, so I can get a running average later.

I believe I need to use the event structure with a create user event vi, but I do not know how to put it all together. I have very limited resources on these topics and I have read through some of the examples. Can someone give me a few hints as to how to approach this type of problem. I am not looking for someone to do it for me, I just need a few hints to get me going in the right direction.

Thanks!!

Look at this, maybe it will give you some info...

Download File:post-731-1160664122.vi