OBD II Interface

Dan Bookwalter

I need to interface with the OBD system in a vehicle and i need real time data , i have no experience with OBD , does anyone have any experience and/or recommendations ??

thanks

Dan

What do you want to do? You can monitor the bus with an NI-CAN card (and many other bus tools), or use an off the shelf reader to get the DTCs (Diagnostic Trouble Codes) or monitor various vehicle parameters.

What do you want to do? You can monitor the bus with an NI-CAN card (and many other bus tools), or use an off the shelf reader to get the DTCs (Diagnostic Trouble Codes) or monitor various vehicle parameters.

Ideally i would like to monitor various parameters of the vehicle , at the moment all i need is RPM , but , as soon as we start this i know what will happen and they will want to monitor everything , i have run across this device http://www.drewtech.com/products/cardaqplus.html

which looks interesting. it actually will do everything i need i believe , especially with its 6 general purpose analog inputs...

Dan

Ideally i would like to monitor various parameters of the vehicle , at the moment all i need is RPM , but , as soon as we start this i know what will happen and they will want to monitor everything , i have run across this device http://www.drewtech.com/products/cardaqplus.html

which looks interesting. it actually will do everything i need i believe , especially with its 6 general purpose analog inputs...

Dan

You have a ton of options...Dearborn Group (dgtech.com) has the gryphon, Intrepid (intrepidcs.com) has the NeoVI. And there are many others.