things that have improved

i2dx

:P

it are the small things, that make you happy and improve your every day workflow!

1. Start up time of LV 8.2 is great :) *

2. the missing VI dialog (e.g. because you have changed the filename) accepts VIs with a different name then the original one! (great!!)

3. if you have minimized all VIs with "windows+M" and open one from the task bar, only this one opens - not all! :wub:

to be continued ...

* ok, I have not jet installed any module at all ...

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

#4: if you switch the view of an indicator / a control from label to caption, the label is automatically invisible! that's pretty cool :wub:

This is how LAVA forum presented this message to me.... :P

Read 0 times - last comment by crelf

Hmmm.... I wonder how crelf can read the message by not reading it :)

if you think crelf is sitting the whole day in front of his browser and hitting the "refresh" button on the "view new posts" page ... you are wrong. You can use RSS to get new posts automatically delivered to your Outlook (Express) etc ...

cheers,

CB

[P.S. it's ME who is sitting the whole day .... ;) ]

8.2 added the autosave feature to let you recover unsaved files in the unlikely :P event of a LabVIEW crash.

But my favorite is the new Save dialog. I can finally do what I really want to do (make additional copy, rename, etc.) and stop :headbang:

David

Ditto on the Save dialog - a native renaming feature has been a long time coming.

Jaegen

Sorry 12dx for intruding on your niceties list.

no problem. if it would by "my" list, I should have posted it in my secret forum on my verry secret server, and not here on the internet ...

my second intention was also, to find out, what others like most.

I like this one too, except when I hate it when I'm trying to quickly put them to a non snap position.

lol ... yea. this is that old "the heck why does this stupid software not KNOW what I am thinking in this millisecond" - discussion ;) - aka "I am still waiting for the LabVIEW BrainPlug" ;)

back to topic:

if you turn the scrollbars OFF, it seems that the scrollbars are removed automatically, before you paste the VI into a SubPanel. This solves much of my "I don't want to see scrollbars in my Subpanel" - pain

It seems, that the "close VI" dialoge is now working that way I want it to ;) :thumbup: :worship:

• 4 weeks later...
Another little thing I recently noticed (at least with 8.2) is that when making the Caption visible on a control for the first time, the Label is automatically made invisible. I like this!! :thumbup:

yes - I thought, I had allready posted this - it seems, I forgot.

All in all I'd like to say, that LV 8.20 has brought a noticable improvement in usability. Ok, I am still missing some features, e.g. the Project Explorerer to file hierarchy sync (Michael posted this allready in the wish list) but I like LV 8.20 :)

cheers,

CB

yes - I thought, I had allready posted this - it seems, I forgot.

All in all I'd like to say, that LV 8.20 has brought a noticable improvement in usability. Ok, I am still missing some features, e.g. the Project Explorerer to file hierarchy sync (Michael posted this allready in the wish list) but I like LV 8.20 :)

cheers,

CB

hmm, this is an old feature. You just have to add "funkyerrorcluster=true" to your labview.ini. (tested with LV 7.0 and 7.1)

I don't know if that was a mistake, or it was intended, that this now the default setting, whatever, I like it :)

cheers,

CB

hmm, this is an old feature. You just have to add "funkyerrorcluster=true" to your labview.ini. (tested with LV 7.0 and 7.1)

I don't know if that was a mistake, or it was intended, that this now the default setting, whatever, I like it :)

It was intended. I've had it for years as well, worked already with LV6.1, maybe earlier.

More colour: Coercion dots are also by default red now. Although that does not really help colourblind people, it does help me.

Joris

cheers,

CB

I loved this feature so much ('cause I despised the 'hot pink' colour of error clusters), that I've been using it ever since it came out in LV 7.0 :thumbup:

My least favourite colours are reds, pinks and yellows, whereas my most favourite colours are blues, greens and purples. Now there's an idea how about a purple wire for something ?

regards

Peter

To late, as of LV 7, or 7.1, and IMAQ 7. The vision wire was purple. Looks just like a string, except purple. :thumbup:

...and the variant wire is kind of purplish. That said, create your own LVOOP class and make the wire whatever colour (now that's how you spell it) you like :)

app instances... :thumbup:

app instances... :D

app instances... :laugh:

app instances... :)

app instances... :laugh:

app instances... :)

app instances... emotions prohibited

Oooh That's the way,(aha aha) I like it (aha aha)

That's the way, (aha aha) I like it (aha aha)