Internet Explorer 7

Looks like most features either already exisit in IE7 or are just implimentations of existing Google technology?

Another chunk of wood: FF 2.0 releases mere days after IE7, "catching up" as you point out. How long was it after FF introduced tabs that IE made them an add-on? :P

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to add more fuel to the fire...

Firefox 2 Released

Download it here.

I am using FF2 for a week or so, the problem is that it is NOT backwards compatible :oops: , some of my favourite add-ons were disabled.... One mayor problem is that occasionally I look at orther fora (as in plural of forums) say forums.ni.com, if I download a vi in FF2 it will not give me the option to open it right away (maybe that is a very good security tactic because not everything from over there is save to open)! But on LAVA I can just open everything right away into LV :laugh:

Ton

My favourite add-ons are:

wizz-rss

IE-tab (a new IE-window will open as a IE tab in FF in my case) for my local intranet

Along the same line... why not just shutdown LAVA and let's all go over to the NI forums. It's just a tool right? ;) poke poke, prod prod...

:laugh: Nice try, but you're going to have to poke harder than that - as you know more than anyone else, the NI Forums and LAVA are very different creatures. As far as I can see, no one on this thread has come up with any real differences between IE7 and FF - all we've got so far is that competition is healthy. I like to think I'm an objective engineer, so I fully stand by my previous post (note the bit in bold):

"Everyone seems to be passionate about how great FF is, and I'd be more than happy to switch to it if there's a good reason, but I haven't heard one yet..."

post-181-1162858765.gif?width=400

See what I'll do for LAVA?!? *sigh* I just broke a commandment - are you happy now?!?!?

Interesting graphic, although it would seem to me that the "bowing down" appears to be in the wrong direction...

Perhaps your "real" intent is to have all those on their knees "mooning" the "king"??

;)

-Pete Liiva

Due to lava's nature I would almost guess a higher FF userbase than IE, however due to the fact that IE is everywhere and that FF will only be available for someone who actively searches it out and installs it, my guess would be something closer to:

IE users: 85%

FF users: 15%

I'm curious to see what the number really is however!

Dave

"Pi is exactly 3! Sorry I had to do that"

There are plenty of other decent web browsers out there. Opera isn't bad either I just don't use it much. But there are a ton of options people use what they like, I like firefox. With extensions, and themes, tabs, and other cool add ons it seems right for me.

Does this forum have polls? why doesn't some one just open one and see what the percentage is. Given this will only be a percent of people who feel like voting.

"Pi is exactly 3!"

Mmmmmmmmm pie... 2 + 2 = 5 for very large values of 2 (that's a quote from my advanced quantum mechanics lecturer at University).

Does this forum have polls? why doesn't some one just open one and see what the percentage is. Given this will only be a percent of people who feel like voting.

This forum does indeed have polls, but they are limited to Premium Members and Admins. That said, I'm sure our Admin already has the ability to collect the data on browsers used...

Due to lava's nature I would almost guess a higher FF userbase than IE, however ... my guess would be something closer to:

IE users: 85%

FF users: 15%

FF is now at about 15% in worldwide use, so I would expect it to be higher here.

I'm going to guess:

FF 35%

IE 60%

And the person who guesses closest

wins .... A Free copy of FF 2.0 !

:P

Mmmmmmmmm pie... 2 + 2 = 5 for very large values of 2 (that's a quote from my advanced quantum mechanics lecturer at University).

I would have thought that 2 + 2 = 6 for very large values of 2, but perhaps I'm forgetting some odd quantum "spin" exclusion thing-a-ma-gig rule or something.

;)

-Pete Liiva

All visitors regardless. From about 2 weeks ago.

BTW, hooovahh, you need to shrink your signature. When it's bigger than your post contents then that's a sign it's too big.

Yeah sorry about that. I just found so many quotes I like I just kept adding more.

@Peteski

I agree 2 + 2 = 5 should be for medium values of 2 right?

@Peteski

I agree 2 + 2 = 5 should be for medium values of 2 right?

You know, you would think so... but those <expletive implied> quantum mechanics seem to have a special rule for everything! :rolleyes:

And then, when you really try to pin them down, all of sudden everything is "uncertain", bah :wacko:

;)

-Pete Liiva

Yeah never had quantum mechanics but I'm sure it's like NASCAR. when ever some thing weird happens and their interviewing the driver they ramble on and on about stuff then they usually say "well that's racing for you"

I think that explanation should be used on many things in life. "why is 2 + 2 =5?" "well that's quantum mechanics for you"

"Why is the sky blue?" "Well that's nature for you"

(I could go on)