Programable to set the located image as wallpaper

Cool-LV

There are properties on the Pane class in VI Server that you can use to get/set the wallpaper. They are Background Image, and Background Mode.

E.g.

-Akash

Hi Akash,

Thanks for your answers, Maybe I havn't given the details, my wallpaper isn't LV front panel background image, but it is computer's destop wallpaper.

and your thread is supported at LV8.2, mine is LV7.1 (I can't find your thread at LV7.1 and LV8.0) .

Dirk J.

Thank you very much, Yup, this is what I am looking for, but it since support BMP image only ? fail to JPEG picture.

The wallpaper (eventually) has to be a BMP. When you are manually setting a JPEG, for example, as your wallpaper, Windows actually makes a copy of this to a BMP format and uses that for the wallpaper. Check out the 'Wallpaper' and 'ConvertedWallpaper' regisrty entries under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop.

Regards,

-Khalid

The wallpaper (eventually) has to be a BMP. When you are manually setting a JPEG, for example, as your wallpaper, Windows actually makes a copy of this to a BMP format and uses that for the wallpaper. Check out the 'Wallpaper' and 'ConvertedWallpaper' regisrty entries under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop.

Regards,

-Khalid

Oh, thanks, to be this ! I know now.

• 7 months later...

QUOTE(dbyers3 @ Jun 11 2007, 01:23 PM)

humm... I am trying this with LV8.2 and windows XP SP2. and the background is not changing.. Any Ideas why it's not changing background pictures?

:rolleyes: Disreguard,... My other test machines work fine on this code. Just one machine doesn't. :throwpc: Probably screwedup gov OS. :worship:

QUOTE(dbyers3 @ Jun 12 2007, 09:08 AM)

:rolleyes: Disreguard,... My other test machines work fine on this code. Just one machine doesn't. :throwpc: Probably screwedup gov OS. :worship:

Could be a policy setting disallowing the change of the desktop background. Window policy editor does allow a myriad of settings being changed, that control such things as this.

Rolf Kalbermatter