STA 300 ,

alnaimi

Hello all,

could u plz help me... i am doing senior project in school of engineering and i am running out of time..

help plz

In general, we do not do that here. For a typical response to questions like your's see This Post ...

That was actually one of the kinder answers. We do not do homework for engineering students.

Lastly, if you want to get help here, we have occasionally been known to give it, even to engineering students, but only if they ask the questions the right way and if they post VIs they have already written to try to solve the problem. Show us that you have made some real effort, then ask specific questions and maybe someone will help here. I have and so have others. But not usually with questions posed like the one you did above.

You might also want to read: How To Use The LAVA Website

Hello all,

I am using board from keithly and put inside the pc the KPCI then i interface it with STA 300 now I need to find the analog ports in the STA 300,,

could u plz help me... i am doing senior project in school of engineering and i am running out of time..

help plz

Hi,

What Keithley KPCI board are you using? Did you check Keithley's website for example VIs?

-Khalid

thnx for replying ,, but first of all this is not home work ,, its project ,,, i am expecting a help not blaming me,,, i am still student

thnx Khalid for ur help my card is kpci 3100

Alnaimi,

A project is the same as homework, it is schoolwork. Still, did you read the two posts I pointed you to, especially the first one? The first thing that it said was that "Google is your friend"

If you do a google search on Google: KPCI 3100 LabVIEW

The very first page will give you links to example code, several different VIs and also Visual Basic code (if you are new to LabVIEW) that you should be able to use both to help you understand and then modify to use in your project.

Get some of these, try to make them work and then if you have problems, post one of your VIs and ask a specific question, and you will probably get help.

:nono: its not home worrrk ,, i am not lazy as u may think but i have to extract the port 2 do my experiments n lab view then attach it 2 kit ..

this last year project i swear

Well, you started out your first post by saying that this was a Senior Project, that usually means some type of schoolwork in most languages.

Still, since you are persistent: do you have access to Google? In the time after I made my last post and while you were posting your reply I made a quick Google query on the "STA 300 analog ports"

The very first link on the first page (for me at least, in english, Firefox browser) is a link to a PDF of the screw terminal assignments on the STA 300. Seems that should give you what you asked for.

I need to go find my second cup of coffee this morning. Hmm, too bad we can't Instant Send physical objects like we can files or messages. Brazil has great coffee. I'd charge a fresh cup for that last answer.

:nono: its not home worrrk ,, i am not lazy as u may think...

I'm with Mike - this is not a good way to start on LAVA. Irrespective of whether you are lazy or not (I know I am :) ), I strongly suggest you try to show us that you've treid - we expect that from everyone, not just students. Please upload some code to demonstrate what you've attempted, and we'll make suggestions.

My suggestion is that we rewind and start this relation ship again after you've read this and this.

I'm with Mike - this is not a good way to start on LAVA. Irrespective of whether you are lazy or not (I know I am :) ), I strongly suggest you try to show us that you've treid - we expect that from everyone, not just students. Please upload some code to demonstrate what you've attempted, and we'll make suggestions.

My suggestion is that we rewind and start this relation ship again after you've read this and this.

This same poster also PM'd me a few hours ago asking for help, and sounding desperate. This is not a good way to get acquainted with the LAVA community. Just because there are listings of "who is online/active" doesn't give you the right to go door-to-door...

I dunno, maybe I'm just grouchy today, this is hardly out of the norm anymore...

Dave

I dunno, maybe I'm just grouchy today...

You're not grouchy - IMHO directly IM'ing a forum member is COMPLETELY INAPPROPRIATE! (yes, I used uppercase because that sort of stuff makes me cranky :angry: )

...this is hardly out of the norm anymore...

:blink: Really? This happens to you often?

I've been looking around at other forums to see how they handle homework hustlers. Apparently we are VERY generous here. On other sites, these types of questions are discarded to the trash and the members scolded and sometimes banned. I think our approach is a little better. At least we give them a chance to redeem themselves. As far as PM, or IM. That's a definite no-no and if a member feels they're being harassed in this way, let me know and I'll take care of it.