help for how to use CIN node

CIN nodes are hard to deal with.

If all you really want to do is work with an NI DAQ card, I would suggest using DAQmx. It will make your code much easier to work with. If you feel like you have to stay outside of LabView to do this, you should check out making a DLL. DLLs are much easier to find information for, and are more common, thus easier to get help on.

You don't mention what platform you are working with (Mac, Linux, or Windows) and this will make a difference in who can help and how much help you get with your CIN. Along with your platform, you'll want to mention your compiler and LabView version. You may also want to search for help on the NI forums for CIN nodes, they have much more documentation and help information for these getting started type questions.

Good Luck.

Thanks for chrisdavis' help and suggestion.

NI DAQ card is much expensive than Advantech product, and I selected the Advantech PCI 1711,using the Windows 2000 and LabVIEW 8.0 platform, and I want to use VC++6.0 to write a program to drive my DAQ card.

As you known, DAQmx only support NI cards, so I must write the drive program although Advantech has given the demos for common function such as AI,AO,DI,DO etc. But they have their disadvantages,especially they can not support more complex function.For example,use Timer to creat more precise signal. So I want to use C language to build my program to accomplish my purpose.

OK,I will connect NI for more information.

Thank you again,chrisdavis,thank you!

NI DAQ card is much expensive than Advantech product, and I selected the Advantech PCI 1711,using the Windows 2000 and LabVIEW 8.0 platform, and I want to use VC++6.0 to write a program to drive my DAQ card.

As you known, DAQmx only support NI cards, so I must write the drive program although Advantech has given the demos for common function such as AI,AO,DI,DO etc. But they have their disadvantages,especially they can not support more complex function.For example,use Timer to creat more precise signal. So I want to use C language to build my program to accomplish my purpose.

Just a quick comment.

In most situation, trying to save money on hardware not compatible with LabVIEW will most likely end up costing you money for the time spend to do the driver development and testing.

PJM

Most non-NI I/O cards I've had to deal with come with (or you can find on the web) DLLs and documentation on the functions and how to use them. If you're able to find the same for your card, you may be able to use the "Call Library Function" VI, which is much easier to use than the CIN (which I have personally never attempted except in trying to learn how... without success).

In most situation, trying to save money on hardware not compatible with LabVIEW will most likely end up costing you money for the time spend to do the driver development and testing.

That's true in most situations, but if the non-NI hardware you're using has a decent following and/or the manufacturer is smart, a driver may already exist - check out the NI repository by clicking on "Help">"Find Instrument Drivers" - you might be lucky :)

Perhaps you haven't looked at this card. Fast sampling rate, better resolution, simple connector, and DAQmx support! But no analog out. Anyway, usually speaking to your local NI rep (if you have one) can help you find a card / solution within your price range.

Thank you everyone.

chrisdavis and PJM, I am agreed with you so much,but I have no choice to select which card,and I can not change a new card for using now.So I have to deal with any problem of it. :( But still thank you for your help,thank you.

crelf and Bryan,your advises are so excelent! I will try it, maybe the problem is solved tomorrow morning. :)

And now, I use Call Library Function Node to build a DLL file completely and successfully,but LabVIEW noticed me when the VI is running. Some days before,I have read an artical which said the reason maybe is an interrupt is contained in DLL. I an not familiar with it,do you know about it? Could you tell me the more detailed information?

Thank you!

Advantech seems to have a pretty complete LabVIEW driver set for your card here

http://www.advantech.com/support/sr_detail...RCH_TYPE=Driver

Take a look at this if you haven't already.

Thank you everyone.

chrisdavis and PJM, I am agreed with you so much,but I have no choice to select which card,and I can not change a new card for using now.So I have to deal with any problem of it. :( But still thank you for your help,thank you.

crelf and Bryan,your advises are so excelent! I will try it, maybe the problem is solved tomorrow morning. :)

And now, I use Call Library Function Node to build a DLL file completely and successfully,but LabVIEW noticed me when the VI is running. Some days before,I have read an artical which said the reason maybe is an interrupt is contained in DLL. I an not familiar with it,do you know about it? Could you tell me the more detailed information?

Thank you!