The 5th dimension

alfa

post-1396-1164209780.jpg?width=400

Download File:post-1396-1164192597.wmv
Whow! :thumbup:
pretty cool stuff - how long did it take to programm that?

Thanks!
I don't really know how long...
First it took a while before I understood the behaviour of the 3D Picture Control...
including things like Parent - Child behaviour, Transformations, joint etc...

Then the real programing part lets tell about 1-2 days...
But the code is a mess, its my biggest diagramm I have ever "painted" since it was / is only a test to see what you can do with the 3d Control...
and there are currently no subvis used and you need aprox. 15*10cm to define a single element...
so you can imagine but if I will realy use this program it has to fit to one screen 1280*1024 (not someting like a 60" screen like now)...
Yeah - let's see a demo!

What kind of demo?
In a week we putting the system into operation...
The mechanic part is arround 15years old an we are "just" changing the control System (New RT-PXI, SW, Encoders...)

If you realy want to see a demo you can visit our Wind Tunnel in Switzerland. That's usually no problem...
Very cool! What happened to the F-14's wings?

I just took a free 3d-model from the www...
and I didn't realy cared about the wings...
now I have more 3d models, but I was to lazy to import another 3d model (with wings) and to make another movie...
But the code is a mess, its my biggest diagramm I have ever "painted" since it was / is only a test to see what you can do with the 3d Control...

and there are currently no subvis used and you need aprox. 15*10cm to define a single element...

<giggle> hehe ... happy refactoring ;)

but to be honest - I now how it is, if you discover a new functionality - you are interested in results, not in pretty code ;)

:beer:

BTW: do you work for alstom/ch?

Nice work - that looks like it would have been fun! :thumbup:

Thanks but you wouldn't say that if you saw the diagram...

For me programming LabVIEW application and "nonsens applications" http://forums.lavag.org/index.php?showtopi...entry4845 and "playing arround with LabVIEW is fun! As well as sometimes work of course...

Nice work! :thumbup:

To Michael: This is worth its own thread...

Thanks

Nice Idea we could start a 3D LAVA thread or someting...

To Michael: This is worth its own thread...

hmm ... I don't think so. These postings make sense here, because it's topic is about the fifth dimension. But the fifth dimension is hard to get and therefore it makes sense to start with the well known 3 dimensions, which are shown in martins post. Maybe we add some information about spacetime here and then - who knows? - we are maybe able to proceed to the 5th dimension?

It would be really interesting to know, how to programm in 5 dimensions :)

It would be really interesting to know, how to programm in 5 dimensions :)

If one of the five dimensions would be time, and you consider time to behave as it does now, then you would only have four spatial dimensions left to deal with. Perhaps your computer would have three dimensional screen trying to display projections of four dimensional objects. Your LabVIEW programs would be three dimensional as well and nodes would be boxes. Instead of wires, you'd have pipes connecting the cubes. Front panel would be a shell around your block diagram so that you could really see your front panel connecting to your block diagram by zooming trough the front panel surface. The fron panel doesn't of course need to be flat, it can be any surface connected to your block diagram with pipes. When you debug your program you would of course see the data flowing inside the hollow pipes. Additional dimension would make your programs really more like spagetti with some meat cubes mixed in. LAVA would hold yearly programming competition on who can create a program that looks most like spagetti.

How I see the 5th dimension?

Our Universe is separated by another Universe by a small distance (Planck length 10-33 cm).

When our Universe was created a lot of parallel Universes were created separated by a small distance.

The Universes are not identical; the one who had more energy is more evolved. How I explained in my book with the third law of Evolution:

Nonlinearity of the Evolution:

The higher level of Evolution evolves faster

Parallel lines don't connect, but lines ("wormholes") perpendicular to them provide the links.

And connecting wormholes belong to which (un)connected universe :question:

And the Universe being the sum of all that exists, how can there be many of them :question:

And when the transporter gets you out of quantum phase and you are invisible and pass through walls, why don't you pass through floors :question:

And when you're invisible how can you see if the ligth passes through your eyes?

And connecting wormholes belong to which (un)connected universe :question:

And the Universe being the sum of all that exists, how can there be many of them :question:

And when the transporter gets you out of quantum phase and you are invisible and pass through walls, why don't you pass through floors :question:

And when you're invisible how can you see if the ligth passes through your eyes?

As I understand it Godel (sp?) proved that an system can NOT be proved from within a system.

1) How can we as elements of single dimension prove what lies outside our dimension? :question:

What we need here is a quantity we can measure. If we can measure it we can prove it.

Remeber it was an experiment to prove the quatum mechanical phenomenon can be measured on a macroscopic sclae that lead to the transistor.

2) What 5th dimenstional atribute can we measure? :blink:

3) Can we turn a profit from it? ;)

Ben