The 5th dimension

alfa

QUOTE(yen @ Jun 11 2007, 10:58 AM)

*sigh* :(

Where's the funny stuff?

Michael, what's the threshold for invoking Godwyn's\Kring's law and for locking a thread?

You can't lock it yet.... All 16 page threads are bound to have lulls (though I admit that

you are telling me what to write, this is only a prostitute job.

certainly seems like a personal attack, and flaming is a definite no no. :nono:

QUOTE(dsaunders @ Jun 11 2007, 02:06 PM)

I agree, the entertainment value has been far to high, in places, to lock off the thread because it has lulled in other places.

QUOTE(PaulG. @ Jun 11 2007, 11:07 AM)

I'm glad you're only a
LV
programmer.

I'm not going to filter back through all 16 pages of this thread, but ... have we ever seen any evidence of this? Really? This isn't an attack, so don't get your feathers (or scales, or whatever your evolutionary level endows you with...) up

I never tune into this channel expecting news and solid reporting, no, this is "Deepak Chopra Debates All Comers Whilst Hosting Saturday Night Live"

QUOTE(Mike Ashe @ Jun 11 2007, 10:17 PM)

I agree, the entertainment value has been far to high, in places, to lock off the thread because it has lulled in other places.

Yes, but not recently, and that was my point.

I'm not going to filter back through all 16 pages of this thread, but ... have we ever seen any evidence of this?

Some of alfa's original posts both here and in the NI forums refer to actual LV code, so it seems he did have some connection with it.

QUOTE(JFM @ Jun 12 2007, 03:50 AM)

Welcome back to the 5:th dimension crelf, or did you remove the RSS filter by mistake :rolleyes:

Thanks! Although my reader filtered posts in this thread, the "new posts" counter would still increment, so I'd get excited that someone has posted a new knowledge nugget, only to see nothing there :( That said, it seems that the thread has turned for the worse with a bit of personal attacking going on over here: I leave you all along for a few days, and look what happens!

My brothers in LabVIEW,

I posted these messages with a very high price.

How you can see on my resume the secret police from Canada and USA didn’t let me to write too much LabVIEW code, because I don’t have a prostitute face, attitude…

Here in Romania the secret police until January kept me without job; they are working now with theirs old enemies the CIA.

In November in this city of prostitutes Emerson opened a plant with 200 engineers. Only for me at interview came a manager from Emerson and the human resources manager from East Europe(very primitive people); of course I didn’t get a job.

The Romanian secret police tried to compromise me with teenage girls, women…

Sometimes came with me at work a police car; today came with me a high rank police officer.

A Romanian police officer has 6 times my salary.

QUOTE(alfa @ Jun 12 2007, 08:54 AM)

Here in Romania the secret police until January kept me without job; they are working now with theirs old enemies the CIA.

Ahhhh, isn't it nice to see enemies stop fighting and work together towards a common goal? :rolleyes:

A Romanian police officer has 6 times my salary.

What salary? You mean you managed to get a job? :blink:

Well, at least alfa can spell LabVIEW properly...

QUOTE(alfa @ Jun 13 2007, 10:00 AM)

You should read NI's news more often:

and with the

About National Instruments

National Instruments (www.ni.com) is transforming the way engineers and scientists design, prototype and deploy systems for measurement, automation and embedded applications. NI empowers customers with off-the-shelf software such as National Instruments LabVIEW and modular cost-effective hardware, and sells to a broad base of more than 25,000 different companies worldwide, with no one customer representing more than 3 percent of revenue and no one industry representing more than 10 percent of revenue. Headquartered in Austin, Texas, NI has more than 4,000 employees and direct operations in nearly 40 countries. For the past eight years, FORTUNE magazine has named NI one of the 100 best companies to work for in America.

"

To the enlightened man . . . whose consciousness embraces the universe, to him the universe becomes his "body," while the physical body becomes a manifestation of the Universal Mind, his inner vision an expression of the highest reality, and his speech an expression of eternal truth and mantric power
Lama Anagarika

Govinda Foundations of Tibetan Mysticism3

(Capra 1975, 305) Capra's book was an inspiration for the New Age, and "quantum" became a buzzword used to buttress the trendy, pseudoscientific spirituality that characterizes this movement.

Conclusion

Quantum mechanics, the centerpiece of modern physics, is misinterpreted as implying that the human mind controls reality and that the universe is one connected whole that cannot be understood by the usual reduction to parts.

However, no compelling argument or evidence requires that quantum mechanics plays a central role in human consciousness or provides instantaneous, holistic connections across the universe. Modern physics, including quantum mechanics, remains completely materialistic and reductionistic while being consistent with all scientific observations.

The apparent holistic, nonlocal behavior of quantum phenomena, as exemplified by a particle's appearing to be in two places at once, can be understood without discarding the commonsense notion of particles following definite paths in space and time or requiring that signals travel faster than the speed of light. No superluminal motion or signalling has ever been observed, in agreement with the limit set by the theory of relativity. Furthermore, interpretations of quantum effects need not so uproot classical physics, or common sense, as to render them inoperable on all scales-especially the macroscopic scale on which humans function. Newtonian physics, which successfully describes virtually all macroscopic phenomena, follows smoothly as the many-particle limit of quantum mechanics. And common sense continues to apply on the human scale. "

QUOTE(alfa @ Jun 14 2007, 06:01 PM)

Quantum mechanics, the centerpiece of modern physics, is misinterpreted as implying that the human mind controls reality...

I'm sure I'm not the only modern physicist here that, at least internally, responds with an "that's absolutlety NOT an accurate description of quantum machanics". Throwing comments like that around is irresponsible at best and beligerent at worst (I have no idea why I expect anything better): you can't say something like that without referencing it - talk is cheap, show us the reference.