We do! We do!

Who holds back the electric car?

Who makes Steve Guttenberg a star?

We do! We do!

Who robs the cave fish of their sight?

Who rigs every Oscars night?

We do! We do!

http://web.mit.edu/afs/athena.mit.edu/user...tonecutters.wav

Long time ago I was thinking the Secrets are in the US or in Russia; later I realized are not secrets there, governments didn’t come with any secret yet.

People were going in Tibet, India… looking for Secrets wasting theirs lives in ashrams, monasteries…

I was 2 months in Germany at the biggest ashram in Europe and aren’t secrets there.

Looking for Secrets in books is not a solution…

QUOTE(alfa @ Dec 6 2007, 09:47 AM)

Long time ago I was thinking the Secrets are in the US or in Russia; later I realized are not secrets there, governments didn't come with any secret yet.

People were going in Tibet, India… looking for Secrets wasting theirs lives in ashrams, monasteries…

I was 2 months in Germany at the biggest ashram in Europe and aren't secrets there.

Looking for Secrets in books is not a solution…

Perhaps there aren't any Secrets to find?

QUOTE(alfa @ Dec 6 2007, 07:47 PM)

Long time ago I was thinking the Secrets are in the US or in Russia; later I realized are not secrets there, governments didn't come with any secret yet.

Don't worry alfa, being wrong and admitting it just means you're part of the 97.7%, just like all the rest of us :)

I came to this conclusion:

A dream is a quantum system that evolves governed by the Schrödinger equation or some relativistic equivalent.

The wavefunction in quantum mechanics evolves into a linear superposition of different states.

Quantum decoherence is the mechanism by which quantum systems interact with their environments to exhibit probabilistically additive behavior and give the appearance of wavefunction collapse. If the wave function merely encodes an observer's knowledge of the universe then the wavefunction collapse corresponds to the receipt of new information.

If you will try to look (analyze) at some “sensitive dreams” they will dissapear when you’ll try to look at some details, exactly like the collapse of the wavefunction. It is like the interaction between observer and wavefunction.

From here I realized that dreams are quantum systems.

Like the information contained in quantum registers, each dream I think is comtained in “mental registers”.

QUOTE(alfa @ Dec 7 2007, 09:54 AM)

If you will try to look (analyze) at some "sensitive dreams" they will dissapear when you'll try to look at some details, exactly like the collapse of the wavefunction. It is like the interaction between observer and wavefunction.

Again I have to recomend The works of Carlos Costenada (sp?) of Don Juan (sp?) fame.

To become a wizard he had to be able to see his hands in his dreams.

His luminous beings idea fits right in with quantum mech.

Ben

QUOTE(alfa @ Dec 7 2007, 08:54 AM)

Sigh. I told myself I wasn't going to get involved in this thread anymore, but the http://scienceblogs.com/insolence/2006/06/your_friday_dose_of_woo_its_no.php' target="_blank">growing misuse of scientific terms like "quantum" rather bugs me. Not only is saying a dream is quantized ridiculous (what's the smallest possible increment of a dream?), but saying that the Schrödinger equation applies to dreams is complete gibberish. You can't apply mathematical concepts to an abstract concept like that of a dream. It's like asking someone to take the logarithm of a pineapple.

If our dreams are the product of our brains and our brains are composed of elements that must adhere to quantum mech, doesn't that dictate that dreams have to adhere with quantum mech?

Yes I understand that at the macroscopic level the solutions of quantum mech become meaningless.

So if the answer is Yes, then we can also say the same thing about this thread?

Ben

PS: I may not be able to respond to your reply very soon. I have to stuff my brain back were its is supposed to be.