The 5th dimension

alfa

QUOTE(neB @ Dec 13 2007, 12:14 AM)

If our dreams are the product of our brains and our brains are composed of elements that must adhere to quantum mech, doesn't that dictate that dreams have to adhere with quantum mech?

One of the misconceptions of the term "quantum" happens when systems are described as such. It's just a description of that system at that level. It all depends on how far down the rabbit hole you want to go.

QUOTE(eaolson @ Dec 11 2007, 02:49 PM)

Sigh. I told myself I wasn't going to get involved in this thread anymore, but the growing misuse of scientific terms like "quantum" rather bugs me. Not only is saying a dream is quantized ridiculous (what's the smallest possible increment of a dream?), but saying that the Schrödinger equation applies to dreams is complete gibberish. You can't apply mathematical concepts to an abstract concept like that of a dream.

I actually disagree a little (and only a little) with part of the above. There's no reason that dreams can't be "quantized" any more than there was a reason that matter couldn't be "quantized" 150 years ago. We just lack an experimental framework (and, for most of us, a reason) to describe them as such. What's more, there's a huge difference between saying dreams (or other brainial processes) are quantized in some way, versus saying they obey the laws of quantum mechanics, and can be described by the same theories. To refuse to even open the discussion seems to me to be throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

Of course, opening the discussion implicitly means weeding through the crackpots. But personally, I kind of enjoy that part ;) .

It's like asking someone to take the logarithm of a pineapple.

Nah, that's just a units mismatch :P .

QUOTE(neB @ Dec 12 2007, 08:14 AM)

If our dreams are the product of our brains and our brains are composed of elements that must adhere to quantum mech, doesn't that dictate that dreams have to adhere with quantum mech?

Well, think of it this way: down at the nitty gritty level, all computers have to comply with certain electrical engineering principles. Is it meaningful to say your LabVIEW program adheres to Ohm's Law? Yes, the electrons flowing through the little metal wires do, but you can't use it do describe the software made up by those electrons. Analagously, even though the interaction of the elements in your brain are "quantum," the mind isn't.

My dreams are all spaghetti code.

I know some of you will want to kill me for keeping this thread going but....

1) Wasn't the transistor just an experiment to prove that quantum mech effects can be measured at a macroscopic level?

Don't know about dreams but...

2) Couldn't a "simple" memory be viewed as "memory quantum"?

For the memory quantum, I am thinking about those things you manage to pull out your "arse" and you actually suprise yourself? The smell that brings back memories of Grama's house, The question from your better-half "Do you know where I left my glasses?" etc. It "seems" that the whole brain is is hit with a "query field" and if the memory is present, the system colapses into the "recall function".

Although I can not propose methods to measure this "system", I also fel we will never figure out how to measure something that we refuse to test.

AE had to cast aside the absolute nature of simultanaity (sp?) before his thought experiments could move forward.

Sorry about dragging it out.

Ben

PS: My terminology could stand some improvement. Please try to read what I meant and not what I said.

How I’m explaining the near-death experience with QM:

Wave function is a complex vector or function in a complex Hilbert space.Because the probabilities that the system is in each possible state should add up to 1, the norm of the wave function must be 1.

A wave function which is a vector with n components describes how to express the state of a system as the linear combination of finitely many basis elements , where i runs from 1 to n.

If the states ІΦi > have distinct, definite values, λi, of some dynamical variable and a measurement of that variable is performed on a system in the state

Іψ> = Σ ci І Φi >

then the probability of measuring λi is | ci | 2, and if the measurement yields λi, the system is left in the state ІΦi > .

Quantum decoherence is the mechanism by which quantum systems interact with their environments to exhibit probabilistically additive behavior and give the appearance of wave function collapse. If the wave function merely encodes an observer's knowledge of the universe then the wave function collapse corresponds to the receipt of new information.

Because our thoughts are quantum systems this means our aura is a quantum system.

I consider a wave function with n=7 states from our aura.

Because our aura is around us that wave function is collapsed in the state ІΦi > . where i=3.

When people have near-death experience the aura will not be around the body; they will experience pleasant emotions; calmness and serenity and this wave function will have all 7 states, each ІΦi > state with values λi,

I consider the state 7 the ‘highest’, closer to God.

The aura is coming back near the body because meeting deceased relatives or spiritual figures they will tell to the person to go back.

The person will go back in my view because of this comand ‘go back’ a thought who is a quantum system who will collapse our wave function. The wave function will collapse in the new state 4, a higher state than 3 how was before NDE. After NDE people are saying I’m a beter person, was wonderfull there…For them the values for λi during NDE where i=5,6,7 had a high value; they experienced mostly the states 5,6 and 7.

15% has bad experiences during NDE this means for them the values for λi where i=1 or 2 had a high value; they experienced mostly the states 1 and 2 and of course they will come back in the same state 3.

QUOTE(alfa @ Dec 13 2007, 02:21 AM)

Because our thoughts are quantum systems this means our aura is a quantum system.

See, I think that statement is probably where you're going to lose your audience ;) . Maybe everything else you're saying follows from there, but you certainly haven't convinced anybody around here that "our thoughts are quantum systems" or even what this "aura" is and whether it exists.

I suppose 97.7% of us will just never get it. But checking the current Registered Users count there should be about 183 people that do understand you... :unsure:

I consider a wave function with n=7 states from our aura.

In the spirit of trying to understand your research and its implications for all of our lives... Why n=7?

alfa, I am disappointed in you. I thought we had something special here. Don't you know that the NI forums are the dark side? They are evil. They track your IP address and have direct connection with those that want to silence you. Be warned, if you keep posting on the NI forums you will be in big trouble from the authorities. We want your voice to be heard so please don't do anything to jeopardize the message. Stop posting on the NI forums.

After so many years I found the solution for this chord (it is on my website too):

The chord of each man is unique, and whether he be sleeping or waking, living or dead, his chord is always the same, and he can always be found by it.

If the states ІΦi > have distinct, definite values, λi, of some dynamical variable and a measurement of that variable is performed on a system in the state

Іψ> = Σ ci І Φi >

then the probability of measuring λi is | ci | 2, and if the measurement yields λi, the system is left in the state ІΦi > .

Are 7 states ІΦi > because are 7 major chakras or energy centers:

Іψ> = Σ ci І Φi >

ψ is the wave function of each man, the unique chord whether he be sleeping or waking, living or dead and he can always be found by it.

How I calculated 97.73% are in the states 1 or 2 or 3 and 0.077% are in the state 7 the God state. (The probability to find a person in state 7 is very small).

QUOTE(alfa @ Dec 19 2007, 07:39 AM)

When I wrote my book I was looking what scientists wrote about God and I didn't find anything interesting.

Now I see they didn't perform well at an easier task explaining mind, thoughts…

You know, there are easier ways to say "bump"...

Many people say science and spirtuality don't mix, and I consider them geniouses.  The whole point of anything spiritual is belief... faith.  Almost like compiling DSP code, having faith that the compiler does all the optimizations that you need, but never being sure that it will do it this time.  By coming up with precise solutions for them, they cease to be spiritual and lose the magic they had.  

(Apologies to everyone else, I don't mean to bump, but I had to reply... [and I won't reply more to this] )

Sometimes, Ignorance is bliss.

The amount of people on different levels did the capitalism, communism...because the majority are at animal level. Like Darwin said in the animal world 'the survival of the fittest...'

On Earth the animals have societies; I'm sure Darwin was thinking in the same way and he didn't see the communism, the WWII...

QUOTE(alfa @ Dec 22 2007, 04:00 AM)

The amount of people on different levels did the capitalism, communism...because the majority are at animal level. Like Darwin said in the animal world 'the survival of the fittest...'

On Earth the animals have societies; I'm sure Darwin was thinking in the same way and he didn't see the communism, the WWII...

After 31 pages of incoherent nonsense, you gave a topic that I understand. I don't understand every thing you said but I think I have some thing to add.

Survival of the fittest doesn't really apply to humans any more does it? I guess for the most part it does. In 3rd world countries those who have the best immune system, tend to live longer than those who don't. Those who survive will have more offspring who will have the genes which have a better immune system.

But what about the more developed countries like the US, and Great Britain? Do the weakest always die? Do the strongest always survive? Some times the most talented individuals die from drug over doses, or car accidents, or plane crashes. And the weakest get money from the government, and survive when they normally wouldn't.

Do these anomalies in the Survival of the fittest occur in nature? Or is Darwin's theory flawed

QUOTE(alfa @ Dec 27 2007, 03:18 AM)

The most important question in the world: WHO AM I?

I found the answer:

Checked the tag on your shirt for a name? (As a note: your name is not "Machine Wash Warm, Tumble Dry Low" )

hooovahh has a point though, and it is moderately on topic, so to stay on topic, I agree.

Also, eaolson: check the NI cross post, you CAN write code about it, honest!

QUOTE(hooovahh @ Dec 25 2007, 12:54 AM)

Do these anomalies in the Survival of the fittest occur in nature? Or is Darwin's theory flawed?

Not so much flawed, but perhaps the context is getting a little out-of-date. For example, "fittest" may not necissarily mean physically any more. Also, one could begin to look outside the individual - the survival of the fittest person, race, socio-econmoic sector, religion, etc. Keeping with alfa's wandering themes, I'm just thinking outside the thread :)