The 5th dimension

alfa

QUOTE (alfa @ Mar 11 2008, 11:47 PM)

That sounds a lot like what the great philosopher http://www.answerbag.com/profile/?id=214710' target="_blank">Murph once said...

"Anybody can speak wisdom, but only few people are wise"

And before you say too much, don't forget...

Wise people think all they say; fools say all they think.

Wisdom means God; not technology.

At Roswell in 1947 was not UFO; was a balloon detector on the sound channel.

The UFOs are not coming to fall here among stupid people, to be kept in the Area 51.

I calculated in my book: 99.6% of people are stupid.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Been some time since I looked at this thread. Some amusing and interesting things since then. I've got 2 things for now.

1) the mind

I saw talk about free will, dreams, quantum equations, etc...

I've always had an interest in who we are, how we work, what the universe is and how it works, etc..

The other day I was reading some labview book and it was talking about neuroscience using labview for brain wave measurements, (i'd like to do this to myself and see how forced meditation or thinking or emotions could purposefully alter my signals) And it reminded me of a couple a things. There seems to be a question of where thoughts and conscioussness comes from, does the brain make it, or does it somehow make the brain work?

We know that if I move a finger, that there is a nerve signal that had to previously travel from the brain. That signal was preceeded by brain activity, i.e the thought "i will move my finger". But some research (i am sorry i dont have a source for you), and just thinking about it, makes me wonder if the thought initiated that brain activity, or if that brain activity initiated the thought.

I don;t even know if we can answer that question. (Of course there is another possibilty: that they happen simultaneously, and there is not a cuase and effect relationship between the two occurances)

But then... I thought that either situation is pretty amazing. Its like the qoute " some days I think we're alone in the universe, other days I think we are not, either way its an intriguing possibilty" i mean, if "consciouss thought" comes first, and brain activity is a result of that thought, then what triggered that, where did it come from, something "beyond the physical"? On the other hand, if the brain activity occurs then we experience our "conscoiuss thought" that means "we" did not really initiate it did we, but "we" are just the result of something else, a running program, we are AI?

Yes this is a heated debate amongst some people, and a question for a very long time. But what I am getting at here is... why really care which it is, becuase both are stunning realizations.

ok now for #2)

ALfa... who/what broke your heart so much?

QUOTE (jccorreu @ Apr 25 2008, 11:32 AM)

I don;t even know if we can answer that question. (Of course there is another possibilty: that they happen simultaneously, and there is not a cuase and effect relationship between the two occurances)

Well it still could be just coincidential synchronicity of course but some reported near death experiences under rather well monitored circumstances would clearly indicate that brain activity is NOT inducing our personality nor our experience. Some of these people have reportedly been dead in a clinical sense, meaning no brain activity whatsoever, yet after returning they could describe both clear experiences in some other dimension as well as sounds, words, images and situations that had been going on around them while the instruments showed they were "dead".

So no brain activity but still experience of dreams, sight, hearing, smell, including being able to "know" what people were thinking at that moment. From this I would conclude that brain activity is maybe a common effect while people experience something but by no means a necessary one.

Rolf Kalbermatter

QUOTE (alfa @ Apr 30 2008, 02:53 AM)

in my books you'll find the answer.

You can e-mail to this British professor my wave function and a link to my books to sow him how far I am with my research.At least he is paid for his research!

Please quit being so negative. How can you expect anyone wanting actually to work with you or have you work for them (with or without monetary compensation) if you suspect 97.3% of the human population to to be in a conspiracy against you? Ever wondered if you are not in a conspiracy against the rest of the world?

You write about things that could have a deep spiritual meaning but with your attitude towards just about everyone around you you are making it mostly meaningless. One of the basic spiritual laws is that the world is answering you in the same way as you are facing the world. So try to find the part in yourself that is about love and bring it out.

Rolf Kalbermatter

QUOTE (rolfk @ Apr 30 2008, 03:04 AM)

How can you expect anyone wanting actually to work with you or have you work for them... if you suspect 97.3% of the human population to to be in a conspiracy against you?

<toungue firmly in cheek>

Don't worry alfa - as a fellow 2.7%, it's obvious that these 97.3% commoners will never understand us. :P

</toungue firmly in cheek>

QUOTE (crelf @ Apr 30 2008, 06:58 AM)

<toungue firmly in cheek>

Don't worry alfa - as a fellow 2.7%, it's obvious that these 97.3% commoners will never understand us. :P

</toungue firmly in cheek>

I feel completely misunderstood ;) . I always thought to be part of the 0.3 % that understands all and everything. :D

Rolf Kalbermatter

• 3 weeks later...

I think Alfa has a kindred spirit in the Matlab world.

Here's a snippet:

Dear Tim, write to direction. Exist a direction. You ask me to remove my files, but my files for me are jewels. If direction remove my files... ok... but i can't remove my work. I don't understand where is problem of my files? Programs are functional. Isn't possible to drink a coffee with my programs, but simulation is a function, and this function is a good function. In the software, line 804: (gravity1 + temperature1 ) / 2 = time1 = 3/2 * 0 with temperature1=0 and gravity1=2*0=00. Isn't illogical, not inside software. Also NaN, with your interpretation, is a philosophy. What is NaN? With a pc? But exist. NaN is an important component of Matlab. NaN=2? Why? In the software isn't illogical. Or, if is illogical... can i to understand motivation? If my theory is in error... can i to know where and because? All here. Bye
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I calculated that 98% of population(people who are at the level of one of the first 3 chakras) are at animal level.

Here is somebody else who said almost the same thing(but he didn't said how many are at that level):

Joseph Campbell the wise American said about people at animal level:

Live on these three levels? Animals live on these three levels. Those are the levels of holding onto life, reproducing life, and winning. And this is what popular religions are concerned with: health, wealth and progeny. Winning the war, god send us rain for our crops, and all that sort of thing.

I calculated that 98% of population(people who are at the level of one of the first 3 chakras) are at animal level.

Here is somebody else who said almost the same thing(but he didn't said how many are at that level):

Joseph Campbell the wise American said about people at animal level:

Live on these three levels? Animals live on these three levels. Those are the levels of holding onto life, reproducing life, and winning. And this is what popular religions are concerned with: health, wealth and progeny. Winning the war, god send us rain for our crops, and all that sort of thing.

alpha - what level are you?

Edward Kennedy dies!

He was a very good politician...

I worked in Hyannis, MA; it was my best time in North America. I lived in the house of a priest. Kennedy family built a very nice catholic church in Hyannis.

Rest in Peace. You will be missed...