Question on inputs...

cocowk

Hi all,

I have a question concerning the inputs in Labview. Yesterday, I wanted to change an input format from a decimal representation to an hexadecimal one. Then a grey triangle appears on the input of the VI used (see attached file below)

I have seen on this forum that it has a meaning but I can't find where anymore! :headbang: Can someone help me :shifty::rolleyes: ??

Thanks in advance!!

CocoWK

post-4586-1164355814.jpg?width=400

Then a grey triangle appears on the input of the VI used (see attached file below)

The grey dot is a "coercion dot", this indicates that LabVIEW has to convert representation of the input.

In your case I can only guess that you are mixing different integer representations (I8, I16, I32 etc.).

To avoid this, make sure all inputs of the "build array" are using the same representation.

/J

The grey dot is a "coercion dot", this indicates that LabVIEW has to convert representation of the input.

In your case I can only guess that you are mixing different integer representations (I8, I16, I32 etc.).

To avoid this, make sure all inputs of the "build array" are using the same representation.

/J

Thanks JFM. And do you know about other dots?

I mean other dots like the coercion dot that can appear when we connect an input to a VI. :D

Sorry, I'm not sure if I am clear because of my poor level in English! :unsure:

They are the same, it means that you wired another data-type than the VI internally uses. LabVIEW has for certain data-types built-in conversion tools

Ton