real time printing?

telurkuda

i have a real time measurement, and i want to set realtime printing up.

the address of printed data is A4 paper. i want to set everytime the data reach certain data, for example 200 data, the data will be printed to A4 paper, and then wait for the next printing till the 200 latest data acquired.

if any of you understand this case please give any solution, trick, or code. i will apreciate any helping hand.

regards.

have you read the :book: and searched through the examples?

in particular look at the "printing and publishing data" section in the example finder.

i'm a newbie..

but as many as i read, i didn't find yet an example associated with realtime printing...

pliz corect me if i'm wrong...

i found an example, certain indicator will be printed when the vi accomplished.

actually i want that indicator always be printed any time the data is fulfilled.

thanks.

i'm a newbie..

That is not really an issue. First plan your steps. Make some flowchart (or something you familiar with), that cover the steps you want to take.

Now build the framework of your software with this flowchart in mind

Then start solving little problems.

In case of an issue come back here, we will welcome you if you add some code, show what you have done and learned already.

Ton

That is not really an issue. First plan your steps. Make some flowchart (or something you familiar with), that cover the steps you want to take.

Now build the framework of your software with this flowchart in mind

Then start solving little problems.

In case of an issue come back here, we will welcome you if you add some code, show what you have done and learned already.

Ton

i don't know how to upload my vi...

pliz show me thw way.. :worship:

When you post a message there is under the messag (above the add reply button) a file attachement box:

Ton

this attachment file below show the chart that i want to print everytime it is fulfilled.

u can see, the maximum data displayed on that chart are 30 data.

so, i need vi to print it automatically at 30, 60, 90, ...

for your information, suppose it will took 30 second to return 30 data and 60 second to print a page of front panel with 30 data. Delay are allowed here...

have any idea??

post-7057-1165231677.png?width=400

telur.

Go to the Example Finder.

Select the 'Browse' tab, and make sure that 'Browse according to task' is checked. In the folder view in the middle, expand 'Printing and publishing data'; then expand 'Printing VIs'; then open PrintControlExample.vi.

In step 4 (below), you can see how to accomplish what you want.

Description:

This VI demonstrates the use of the Report Generation VIs to print controls from the front panel. The VI uses the Append Control Image to Report VI to do this. It gives the option of printing either to an HTML file or to a printer.

The VI generates data and plots it to a waveform graph and also sets the value on a single-point meter. You can print either of these controls.

To Use VI:

1. Press the Acquire button. This will generate data to be plotted onto the graph and set on the meter.

2. Select where to send the report.

3. Select which control to print (Data in Report).

4. Press the Print Data button. This will print your control.

5. Press Stop to quit the program.