Support for recompile vi from LV8.0 to LV7.1

Hi folks,

first of all ,sorry for bother you with this request but I need to do it. Please, see attached file, they belong to OGIC_SMTP library used to send e-mails through SMTP protocol, it was modified by smercurio(NI forum)from the original version found at OPENG. The thing is that the versions attached are for L.V 8.2 and L.V 8.0 and I'd appreciate someone who could recompile for L.V 7.1, which is the one I'm working nowdays.

Thanks for your time and support. :worship:

regards,

Jose.

Download File:post-662-1166120047.zip

Hi folks,

first of all ,sorry for bother you with this request but I need to do it. Please, see attached file, they belong to OGIC_SMTP library used to send e-mails through SMTP protocol, it was modified by smercurio(NI forum)from the original version found at OPENG. The thing is that the versions attached are for L.V 8.2 and L.V 8.0 and I'd appreciate someone who could recompile for L.V 7.1, which is the one I'm working nowdays.

regards,

Jose.

I would suggest that you download the VI package manager from JKI engineering and this will solve your problem and give you all OpenG packages for each version of LV thatyou have installed. You can search on VIPM.

Hi folks,

regards,

Jose.

Jose,

Here are the converted files. Please note that this is not executable, due to the fact that some of the File IO primitives to not map directly into 7.1 functionality.

Download File:post-17-1166124556.zip

Also, jhoskins mentioned that you should download the OpenG libraries using VI Package Manager. Unfortunately, the SMTP VIs are not yet available from withing VIPM.

Cheers,

Hi Jim,

related to what you said:

"Here are the converted files. Please note that this is not executable, due to the fact that some of the File IO primitives to not map directly into 7.1 functionality."

I have tried to open OGIC_SMTP Send Mail.vi and the error is related to "File Exists_ogtk.vi" file and it sounds me to VI Package Manager, am I right? Maybe this file is for L.V 8.2 and there would be enough to replace it by File Exists_ogtk.vi for L.V 7.1? I don

hi folks,

thanks chris, thanks jim.

I see, so although I install oglib_file package, problems will be there. Jim, you mentioned that problems are related to File IO primitives so it would be any possibility of solving the problem by substituying the vi's which have problems by the File IO primitives LV v7.1 has?, in case there weren't possibility are there other ways to send an e-mail by using an SMTP server which requires authentication, I mean by using Active X controls(MSOutlook) and so on?

Thanks a lot for your support.

cheers,

Jose

I see, so although I install oglib_file package, problems will be there. Jim, you mentioned that problems are related to File IO primitives so it would be any possibility of solving the problem by substituying the vi's which have problems by the File IO primitives LV v7.1 has?, in case there weren't possibility are there other ways to send an e-mail by using an SMTP server which requires authentication, I mean by using Active X controls(MSOutlook) and so on?

I am not sure exactly what the problems are with the code. I would suggest comparing the original code with the version you have. You can find the originals, here (click on the "5 attachments" tab to view the page's attachments or download the SMTP directly from this link). It is possible that the changes are simply a result of the up-conversion to 8.x and then the down-conversion to 7.1.