Vision Runtime and Teststand

Brant at VIE

I was wondering if anyone could help with a Vision Runtime with TestStand license question. I have asked NI this question 3 times and have come up with 2 different answers, but I'm hoping someone here has some hands on experience or at least discuss why this shouldn't work.

First, I would like to use NI Vision functions in a deployed TestStand 3.5 "application". The TestStand is a deployment license and using the LabVIEW 8.2 Runtime as the adapter. On the customer computer, LabVIEW Professional 8.2 and Vision Development 8.2 is also installed, but deactivated. I would like to use the Vision Runtime license which is activated, however, I get a not a valid license error after deactivating the Vision Development on the customer PC. I have tried this on my work PC, and the vi works fine with the Vision Runtime activated and Vision Dev deactivated. I'm in the process of creating a new VM in Parallels to test this in a cleaner environment.

Anyway, so far one NI sales person says it should work, one sales person says it shouldn't work, and tech support also says that using the Vision Runtime is not valid in this configuration. Purchasing Vision Dev license is an expensive option. Buildng a dll in LabVIEW might work as well. What have any of you guys done in this situation? Thanks.